Studio Wolle is a fledgling textile business founded by Lara, after graduating from MA Woven textiles at the University of Brighton in 2018.
Passionate about good design, craftsmanship and sustainability. Aiming to become an exciting new homewares brand focusing on the handmade, using traditional techniques and natural materials to create products which are both functional and beautiful. We want to create products which help add colour and joy.
Using UK and Scottish Manufacturers and Suppliers we aim to reduce our carbon footprint as much as possible, whilst helping to sustain our wonderful textile heritage. Inspiring more people to buy handmade and keep traditional craft techniques alive.
Currently we are a small studio, but with big dreams to grow. To jump start this dream we have designed a limited collection of cushions alongside gift/discount vouchers. If you are thinking about presents to go under the tree, we will aim to have pledge gifts out for delivery in time for Christmas! Please get in touch to discuss any queries.
Crowdfunding would enable us to generate the funds to take our next step and you all will get some wonderful handmade products in return! We would be immensely grateful for every pledge and offer of support that we receive.
(To find out how we use the money - please see further down!)
If you have any questions about our rewards, please contact the studio by email – firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to have our website store up and running by January 2020. At this point you will be able to use your voucher online.
If you wish to make a purchase before then please contact us directly.
- All vouchers are supplied as a high-res digital e-voucher that can be printed or emailed.
- Great as gift ideas or to keep and use yourself at a later date!
Handwoven using 100% pure lambswool merino, on a dobby loom in the Kent studio. Each design is hand stitched during the weaving process. Each cushion is cut and sewn by hand and backed with 100% cotton with a envelope hidden zip.
- Cushions size – approx. 40cm x 40cm (16 X 16)
- Front – 100% merino lambswool
- Back – 100% cotton
- Cushion Insert – 100% cotton cambric cover filled with duck feather filling – made in UK
We believe that it’s important to use the best materials when producing our collections.
We chose to use 100% pure wool for our cushion covers as it is all natural and sustainable. Currently our yarn is manufactured in the UK from merino lambswool sourced from Australia and New Zealand. But the dream would be to get to the point where we can develop a collection made from 100% British sourced and manufactured wool!
Wool is 100% biodegradable, naturally odour and fire resistant and has great durability.
(We will be in touch to confirm all choices once the campaign is finished, but please get in touch with any queries)
If you want a cushion at a fraction of the price and you don't mind about size so much then the following offer might be for you!
The money generated in this campaign will help us to do two main things.
Currently, the biggest hurdle is upfront material costs. Essentially, we are a small business producing small quantities of handmade products. By launching the first collection through crowdfunding we are able to predict accurate order quantities which help to reduce waste in manufacturing.
Half the money raised would go towards materials, postage, packaging, photography and also cover crowdfunder fee’s.
The studio will produce limited edition runs of hand-woven cushions.
The goal is to also develop a collection which can be produced on a larger scale using UK and Scottish textile manufacturers. Allowing for the expansion of the product range to include blankets/throws and other homewares.
This would help us as a studio support the local textile industry within the UK and help keep weaving alive in the UK. Keeping manufacturing to the UK enables us to reduce our carbon footprint!
The rest of the money raised during this campaign will go towards the cost of the manufacturing the cloth for the collection. Products would still be hand assembled.
- We have set what we believe are realistic financial targets and timescales for fulfilling your rewards. Wherever possible we will try to fulfil rewards ahead of target, but if you are desperate to get a gift before an expected delievery date please do contact us and we can see what can be done.
- Any questions, please get in touch!
- Shipping costs for UK orders have been factored into our pledge amounts. Orders will be sent 2nd class delivery.
- For EU orders – dependant on the results of Brexit – if still within trade laws then the cost of shipping will be the same as UK orders. If not then please see international shipping below.
- International shipping – Please add a donation of £10 at the checkout to go towards shipping. If you wish to have the cover sent without the insert to reduce shipping charge please opt for this at the checkout, please donate £5 at the checkout.