The global COVID-19 pandemic has created a very uncertain landscape for everyone, which has made it very challenging for sports clubs like ours to survive.
The Stoke Gabriel CC Committee had lots of plans to use funds raised throughout the season to go towards new training nets for adult teams and junior members alike. Our newest of our current two training nets are going to be 13 by the 2021 season and both are in need of being replaced. However, with Lockdown and strict social distancing measures, any serious fundraising was impossible to complete. We had hoped that our popular Sunday lunches could return and bring some much needed funds into the club, however with this new Lockdown, we are looking at another long period without valuable fundraising opportunities.
Stoke Gabriel Cricket Club Mission Statement
- To advance and promote the game of cricket for the community of Stoke Gabriel and surrounding areas, offering a safe and enjoyable place to participate in cricket.
- To offer talented cricketers the opportunity to improve their skills and play top quality cricket, but also to provide all aspiring cricketers, whatever their background or skill level, the chance to fulfil their true potential.
- To provide the very best facilities, personnel and resources for players, support staff and members as is affordable.
- To encourage all members to show pride, mutual respect and positivity in all things associated with the club and its future direction.
- To ensure we maximise all year community involvement using our superb new pavilion facility and grounds. This includes Monthly Sunday Lunches, Quiz and Curry nights,
- Indoor carpet Bowls, Euchre, Archery, Dog training.
- Increase income by finding more advertising, sponsorship to complement our regular monthly fund- raising events.
- Stoke Gabriel cricket club has an open policy regardless of age, gender, creed or ability to anyone wish to come along and join our club.
Stoke Gabriel Cricket Club Aims
Harness and develop all young cricketers so they have the opportunity to contribute to the game of cricket at all levels and play a central role in club cricket life
- Introduce All Stars Cricket and Dynamos, and encourage children from 5 years of age to have fun and participate in fun game activities.
- To continue to develop our junior cricket, to enjoy competitive junior league cricket.
- Recruit volunteers to assist with the running of junior sides, and to be involved in clubhouse roles.
- Promote an atmosphere of involvement and belonging to Stoke Gabriel Cricket Club
Ensure that our cricket club is an integral part of the local community, contributing an invaluable service to all sections of the local community, developing club members, supporters and volunteers
- Coaching sessions to be organised weekly for all junior members with expert training delivered under the guidance of our qualified DBS checked and first aid trained coaches.
- Promote cricket within the community by holding an Open Day, which will be advertised and promoted encouraging everyone within the community & surrounding areas to come along & participate in cricket at whatever level they choose.
- Develop Links with all local schools as part of the club’s development plan to encourage our junior section to increase in numbers.
Develop and strengthen senior playing teams, providing positive role models to all club members, leading achievement and success
- Word of Mouth. Improve the playing strength of the senior teams by encouraging present players, members and supporters to introduce new members to the club.
- Integrate young cricketers into the 2nd team to promote continuity.
- Encourage senior members of the 1st and 2nd Elevens, to attend coaching and offer one to one sessions in batting, bowling, wicket keeping and fielding during the weekly coaching sessions
- Continue to promote the juniors for the coming 2021 season.
- We need to ensure that we maintain the numbers we had last season, and try to improve them.
- To encourage local primary schools to promote the club’s weekly junior coaching sessions, in their school newsletters.
- For example, all stars cricket and Dynamos.
Thank you for your time reading this and we look forward to seeing you all at the club in the new year if possible.
The Stoke Gabriel CC Committee.