When Theresa May called a snap General Election for June 8th, the Green Party faced a major financial challenge. We are a grassroots party with limited finances, which doesn’t get donations from big corporations or trade unions like other political parties. Instead we rely on the generosity and commitment of our members and supporters.
In Stockport we have raised the money to fund the £500 election deposits for our excellent candidates Robbie Lee in Hazel Grove and Gary Lawson in Stockport, but really need your help to be able to campaign effectively in the month ahead.
We require funds for a targeted social media campaign and for materials, such as leaflets and manifestos, to spread the word about the Green Party’s key message: to stand up for renters, our NHS, young people, our rights and our environment (https://www.greenparty.org.uk/election-priorities.html ). Every donation however small will help us achieve this.
How your money can help us
Your donation can make a real difference to us:
- £5 can buy 10 A3 Green Party Posters
- £10 can buy 200 leaflets on transport policy to hand out at railway stations
- £20 can buy 200 mini-manifestos to give out while we are talking to people
- £50 can pay for a major digital campaign targeting posts to thousands of people in Stockport who use FaceBook
- £200 can pay for an election leaflet to be delivered to every household in one ward
- £700 can pay for leaflets to be delivered to every household in one constituency
Every pound you donate will be used in this campaign. Thank you for whatever you can afford to give!
By making a donation you confirm that you are eligible to make political donations in the UK, and that this donation is not made for or on behalf of any other person. All donations received are subject to the regulations of the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000.
Published and promoted by David Carter on behalf of Stockport Green Party, c/o 29 Devonshire Road, Heaton Moor, Stockport SK4 4EF . Hosted by Crowdfunder.