By improving and maintaining 12.9 acres of green space, Pelican Park is now the home of 14-football teams from mini, juniors, open age and veteran (including girls football), 2-cricket teams and lots of people of all ages playing tennis throughout the year. The Team work hard in delivering multi-sport and learning opportunities suitable for people of all ages including a very successful over 55's club ever Thursday.
The aim in to ensure that the local community has the chance to take part in some form of physical activity at Pelican Park along with volunteering and training opportunities - creating a vibrant community for everyone.
Activities on offer are:
- School Holiday Clubs - giving children and young people the chance to make friends and have fun whilst parents are at work.
- Football Camps - providing quality football coaching, increasing the number of young people getting involved in the game.
- Tennis sessions for children, young people and adults including walking tennis for senior citizens.
- Volunteering opportunities - providing work experience and qualifications in administration, sports coaching and grounds maintenance.
- Team Building Days - based around motivation, communication, problem solving and lots more!
- Club 55 - activities and social outings for people over the age of 55, reducing loneliness and isolation for those living on their own!
- After-School Clubs / Youth Cub
- Events, Competitions and Tournaments
- Inner-School Coaching working within Primary and Secondary Schools
- Training Course, Employment Skills Training, IT, Literacy.
These are just some examples of the work we do in the local community, creating a community hub for everyone!
Raising funds to improve much needed sports facilities helps create a safe playing environment and increase the number of people actively getting involved in sporting opportunities on their doorstep.
Turning 2-disused tennis courts into a multi-game area will increase our sports offer at Pelican Park to include Basket-ball, Netball, Futsal Football and other court games.
Please help us, to help you and many others, by making a donation towards the improvements needed in supporting local people to play sports!