- To encourage exhibition of films of artistic, cultural or informative character.
- To advance the education of the public in the knowledge, understanding and appreciation of film.
- To bring people together to share experiences. We aim for uniting different cultures and breaking down social barriers.
- To celebrate the diversity in community and show films for B.M.E. groups in the community.
- One of our activity is drive-in/outdoor cinema in our city.
- Our highlight video from the last season: Outdoor cinema and our volunteers
It's a great idea:
We are longing for a such a venue in our local area. We do not have local cinema in Southsea, Portsmouth. We see a great opportunity in Southsea to tap into a prosperous and youth-orientated environment by working with other community and education groups that are open to innovation. Focus on underserved diverse groups in Southsea, Portsmouth and give them opportunity for express their culture and share with our audience by working with them to provide culturally interesting and sensitive films. Our membership data shows that most of the film lovers are based in PO4 area and this encourages us a lot to start a cinema for all.
Our Operational Strategy: Phase
1- Raise Awareness of Social Issues by Showing Indoor Films & Conducting Filmmaking Workshops
2 - Bring Cinema into the Community by Showing Films Outdoors
3 - Operate a film based culturally diverse, cinema focused local community centre.
PFS family photo from first Recovery Festival - we are 10 years old now.