My name is Sunaina and I am the founder of the baby brand Snugs.
Being the only women in my all female cyber security team and in such a male dominated industry, I have first handedly experienced the importance of having female senior leaders and role models. This has encouraged my work with non profit organisations to help encourage young females into STEM based subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) which led me to be awarded for the TechWomen100 award in 2019.
This experience taught me the importance of diversity within the workplace and encouraged my decision on starting a business of my own for a cause that is dear to me.
So what is Snugs ?
Our mission is to provide products that are clean from toxic chemicals that are not only harmful to your Snugs but to the environment as well. We ensure our feeding products are made from food grade silicone, the 'Superhero' of silicones and this is what makes it great to cook with, recycle, durable and light weight.
This goes for our dress time products too! All of our clothing are created from organic cotton or organic bamboo, which not only provide the maximum comfort for your snugs, it also provides an eco-friendly solution for your family whilst reducing the footprint on the environment at affordable prices.
Launching a brand during the midst of a pandemic is a scary thing. Sleepless nights and endless coffee as you prepare for the brand launch but witness how the pandemic has changed peoples livelihoods and health. But when you have built the backbone of a brand that runs so deep in you and your belief, you hold onto that and keep faith.
If 2020 has taught us anything, it has shown us how the health of our bodies and our planet are central to human happiness and well-being. Here at Snugs, we have engrained just this into our products. From providing a signature blend of organic cotton and bamboo baby clothing that not only creates the most softest and comfortable clothing for babies, but are sustainably sourced and produced throughout the product lifecycle. This includes providing plastic free packaging throughout the supply chain from when our products have left our factories to delivering right to the door of our customers.
- When launching the brand, 10% of the sales will be donated to the children's hospice Haven House, Snugs will be paving it forward throughout the years joining forces and donating to a number of children's charities and bringing awareness to the cause.
- GOTS certified manufacturers will be used that are in line with the ethos and values that Snugs outlines.
- Social Media: Our social media platforms will have a community based approach, inclusive and fit for all. We aim to layout a structure that will help educate our followers on parenting, women's health and childcare providing free guidance and support to all those who need it. Alongside this, industry professionals will be invited to take part in IGTV Instagram sessions focusing on key topics/concerns raised by our followers.
- The money raised during the first round of crowdfunding will be used to pay for the initial manufacturing run of Snugs and admin costs of setting up the business.
- We aim to become a Certified B Corporation: This means that we meet the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability. We hope to join the leaders of a global movement of companies using business as a powerful force for good.
- Our goal is to create a product line that is affordable for all without compensating on the quality of materials used.