WELCOME FRIENDS & SUPPORTERS!
SMR is the UK's first and only monthly, Pro-European and fiercely Anti Brexit Radio Show! We've been broadcasting entirely for FREE to our growing and loyal audience, now reaching in excess of 40,000, for almost three years!
We're affiliated to Britain For Europe (one of the founders of the People's Vote campaign), but receive no funding from any of the major groups.You can listen to our current episode, (our 39th no less!) and all the previous shows whenever you like - right here: Our Free to air Mixcloud Channel!
HOW CAN YOU HELP US GROW IN 2020?
We plan to make the show a weekly fixture from January 6th 2020! This is a very big step and will require funding support we simply don't have. A brand new leaner, keener show every 7 days keeping the most effective Pro-European Movement in Europe (that would be YOU, by the way!) fully briefed on our campaign.
So, we're looking for backers and sponsors who can enable us to reach further, devote more time to this project and continue to provide quality free broadcasts to support, encourage and inspire the growing Pro-EU Community!
SMR is entirely a "one man" operation and it's not been easy trying to juggle earning a living from music tuition & production while fighting Brexit at least 25 hours a week!
A tremendous amount of work goes into the researching, making and promotion of each new podcast interview and show. In recent months we've been fortunate enough to conduct and share interviews with prominent Remainers such as Sir Tony Robinson and Anna Soubry and this of course incurs a lot of preparation, time and naturally money.
(Above: A promotional graphic for our Gavin Esler Interview Special!)
Each month we source and request interview content, views and opinions from our listeners and showcase talented, emerging bands and artists, themselves making Anti Brexit and Pro-EU material, witty sketches and terrific music! Each month's broadcasts are the result of around 40-60 hours work in preparation, production and promotion! We think it's worth it and we hope you do too!
As with many other Anti Brexit projects, it is simply not possible to run them on a continual basis without regular funding.
WHAT WILL WE USE YOUR DONATIONS FOR?
1. While some regional Pro-European campaign groups can afford to hire 'pro' crews to film, edit and publish records of their events; many cannot. We would like to be able to offer our services for FREE to those groups enabling them to reach further and maximise the impact of such hard work in local communities.
2. We would like to travel to more interview and event locations up and down the country enabling us to meet with and share the views of influential Stop Brexit campaigners both in and out of the public eye.
3. We intend to produce more effective video viral campaigns both for local and regional #StopBrexit groups and our own radio show campaign.
4. We would like to be able to afford "paid boosts" and social media promotions to reach even further with our regular radio show, including, but not limited to advertisements in The New European.
5. We'd love to be able to showcase and platform even more talented singers, songwriters and musicians making excellent material to #StopBrexit.
(Above: A promotional graphic for our trip to cover the Great North Run!)
CONNECT WITH US ACROSS SOCIAL MEDIA!
You can find out more about Sixteen Million Rising, the work and services we provide on Twitter and Facebook and get in touch with us there. We love hearing your feedback and suggestions. Alternatively, you can find out a little more about the show from our short promotional video you'll find here!
Of course, we wouldn't expect you to support our project without knowing everything about it - and the best place to start is by listening to the current show, "Last Orders!" We produce our own promotional material for each new episode, not to mention our regular social media videos, graphics and memes in support of our continued membership of the European Union.
(Above: The SMR December 2019 Show Promo!)
If you're a regular devotee of the show or have tuned into any of our interview podcasts, thank you for listening! We can't make great Pro-EU Radio without you!
And with your help, we can ensure the Sixteen Million Rising show continues to provide encouragement, inspiration and support to Remainers across the country, every single week throughout 2020!
Thank EU for supporting this grassroots project, our growing repertoire of artists and bands and our collaborative commitment to keeping Britain at the heart of the European Union.
Producer, Sixteen Million Rising