Toby & Dominic arrived on Norwich Market in March 2018 with a couple of boxes of locally brewed real ales and craft beers. It didn't take us long to fill the shelves with more and more craft beer and in May 2019 we took on the adjacent stall, invested in some swanky fridges and won a license to be a market bar. Up until now, deliveries and pop-up street food events collaborating with the many excellent food stalls on Norwich Market has dominated lockdown life. So it's with great excitement that we can announce our new project - The Stanford Arms pub in Lowestoft.
The pub has been kept in great condition by the charismatic previous landlords David and Sam, who over many years created a craft beer mecca-by-the-sea as well as a welcoming and dependable local for the community. However, we are crowdfunding to make some improvements to the pub to help us offer the best craft beer and food possible as well as being able to accommodate as many gusts as we can. Our plan is to:
- Install another 6 keg lines plus chilling unit to enhance our beer offering.
- Develop the cellar to allow us to offer cask and keg beer at their respective optimal temperatures.
- Invest in a new range of garden furniture to help us offer our space to as many drinkers as possible, during the COVID-19 restrictions and beyond.
- To fill the garden with greenery, including a herb-wall for use in our woodfired pizzas and to install a canvas sail/sunshade to offer cover from bad weather.
- To invest in kitchen equipment that will allow us to offer woodfired pizzas through the week as opposed to the traditional Friday pizza night.
- To develop the space outside the front of the pub to allow us to welcome more drinkers to the pub.
- Transforming the back bar into a craft beer shop for take-away beer and pizza.. The pick-up point will be known as the 'The Canford Arms'.
- Pretty things such as hanging baskets and festoon lights.