We’re in the final stretch of the campaign for Mayor of London. Record numbers of Londoners say they’re going to vote Green. With your support we can go further still, reach more Londoners, and get even more Greens elected into City Hall.
Our Green Campaign is cutting through and reaching Londoners
I’m so proud of the campaign that we’re running. We’re standing up for renters. We’re championing a green recovery. We’ve got a clear plan to keep London moving.
And all over London Green activists are working hard. We’re reaching hundreds of thousands of Londoners every week, through our leaflets, door knocking and phone calls.
We’re acting with the urgency the climate emergency and the housing crisis demands.
Only a Green Mayor can be trusted to make London carbon neutral by 2030. Only a Green Mayor will tackle runaway rents.
With your support we can build on what we've already achieved, and deliver the most successful campaign in our history.
We need a green recovery, to transform lives, raise everyone up and bring us together
After 2020 London needs a new start. This awful pandemic has hit Londoners hard.
Too many renters have fallen behind on their rent. Many have lost their jobs or faced a huge cut in their earnings. There’s been a surge in youth homelessness.
The government has failed to support everyone equally through this crisis.
A green recovery would ensure no one is left behind. It’s why in the London Assembly we’ve championed the universal basic income and demanded support for young people sleeping on the streets.
And we’ve delivered. The London Assembly has backed our proposals for a basic income trial and ring fenced funding for youth homelessness services. When Greens win, we deliver real change.
The Greens are winning all over the world
Politics is changing all over the world. And right now the Green movement has never been more successful at winning elections.
From Bordeaux to Bonn. Strasbourg to Stuttgart. Green Parties all over the world are breaking through. They’re electing MPs. Green Mayors are running cities.
This year we’re going to bring that Green wave to London. Because our broken politics and the climate emergency can’t wait.
Your donations can help our big ideas reach all Londoners
In the final month of the campaign we’re aiming to raise £20,000.
Your donations will help pay for:
£15,000 will cover our final stretch social media campaign. We’re encouraging Green voters to get out and vote. We’re reaching them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
Social media can help us reach hundreds of thousands of voters and amplify our winning message.
£5,000 will help local parties deliver more leaflets. We’re delivering 1 million pieces of literature in the final month of the campaign. Your donations can help deliver even more.
We're a grassroots movement, not bought by big interests
Unlike other parties we don’t have billionaire and corporate backers. We’re a grassroots movement, powered by the donations of our members and supporters.
We’re funded by you. Honest. Accountable. Transparent.
Your contributions keep us competitive with the bigger parties. They can help elect a surge of Greens to City Hall in May.
A record Green result will deliver elected Greens in City Hall
I’m running with a team of fantastic and diverse Greens for the London Assembly. And we have a real chance to grow our group of elected Greens.
We have had representation in the London Assembly for 21 years. These elections are different and they matter. London Assembly Members are elected by proportional representation.
It means we aren’t stymied by an unfair election system. With your support we can win.
Greens have a great track record of delivering real change in the Assembly. We have:
- Secured £70 million in new funding for youth workers.
- Delivered a big change in policy to give residents the power to vote down plans that demolish council homes.
- Got the current Mayor to declare a climate emergency and set new targets for making London carbon neutral by 2030
- Won financial support for struggling businesses around Grenfell Tower.
- Secured changes to hiring practices to diversify the workforce at City Hall.
- Successfully championed an ultra low emission zone, cutting London’s deadly air pollution.
A record Green result for Mayor will deliver a record number of Greens in the London Assembly. And from my track record of delivering for Londoners I am ready to serve you as your first Green Mayor. That’s the new start London needs.
We just need your support. Thank you.
Green Party co-leader
Candidate for Mayor of London
P.S. Because we're a political party
- Please note all donations will go to London Green Party to help our campaign to elect Siân and more Greens to the London Assembly.
- We're required to run permissibility checks on donations over £500. These will be completed as pledges are made. For the same reason, we cannot accept anonymous donations over £500.
- If you make multiple donations to us, they may be aggregated for our reporting purposes.
- Your details will appear in our election returns if valued over £500, and if you donate over £7,500 your identity will appear on the Electoral Commission website.
Promoted by Nick Barnett on behalf of Sian Berry, Caroline Russell & the Green Party, all at The Biscuit Factory, Unit 215 J Block, 100 Clements Rd, London SE16 4DG.