Lowland Search and Rescue teams exist to search for vulnerable and missing people. Searches can be conducted in urban or rural areas and for Wiltshire Search and Rescue volunteers, are always initiated by Wiltshire Police.
We primarily cover the County of Wiltshire, but we also regularly assist neighbouring teams in Oxfordshire, Hampshire and Berkshire and will assist ANY search organisation or emergency service requesting help if at all possible. We also have a number of specialist trained Flood Responders who are registered with DEFRA to be called upon nationally to assist in the event of flooding.
We are a non-profit making organisation and rely on our own fundraising, along with donations and sponsorship from the public and companies.
The Team consists of approximately 60 members. All operational members are trained to the Lowland Rescue standards. We have a number of Association of Lowland Search and Rescue trained Team Leaders, Search Planners and Search Managers. One of these members is on duty at all times and will arrange the call-out of the Team via an SMS system. Searches are usually managed on the ground by our own Search Managers who act under the direction of a Police Search Advisor (POLSA.)
The items that we are trying to obtain funding for are all related to the project name - See And Be Seen.
All the items listed below are to aid our search teams to locate a missing person and recover them to a place of safety while keeping the search teams visible and safe.
It's a big list but each piece will help us immensely.
1. 12 Petzl head torches and helmet mounts for water search teams and 18 LEDLenser hand torches for ground search teams.
2. Cyalume Chemlight packs x 10 in red green and yellow to identify team members and pinpoint their locations. These are attached
to drysuits so that their location is clear at all times.
3. 30 HiVis jackets, 60 Polo Shirts and associated badging. These are to latest specification to ensure that the search teams are
clearly visible when having to cross roads during rural search operations.
4. 4 sets of Cree front and rear lamps for our bike search team.
5. Go Pro Camera and Tablet/Monitor for river bank search and 'over wall' search assistance. Includes battery upgrade, case and spare battery pack.
6. Peli HiPower LED Torches x 2
7. Flare packs for Helicopter Signalling and Safety Glasses x 20
8 Rucksack Covers with LED lights
Thank you very much for looking and hopefully your support.