Help Fund the Conservation the Native Honey Bee in Cornwall.
The B4 Project is working in partnership with Plymouth University, The Eden Project, The Lost Gardens of Heligan, Mount Edgcumbe Country Park, The Roslin Institute and Paignton Zoo.
2018 will see the start of a desperate search for the remaining populations of Cornish Native Honey Bees. 2018 Plymouth University/B4 are aiming to take DNA samples of 300 Cornish Bee hives and feral colonies in the widest possible search.
- September 26th 2018 Heligan will declare themselves a Black Bee Reserve with Sir Tim Smit, Dr Mike Maunder (Eden), George Elworthy (MD Heligan), Donna Cox Moor Meadows. 1pm-5pm.
- Feb 2019 Friday 15th Plymouth University will put on an academic workshop 6pm .
- Feb 2019 Saturday 16th Eden 2nd Conference for Sustainable Beekeeping, a Future Without Imports. (AM academics, PM short presentations from “groups” in South West). Norman Carreck, Mark Barnett Roslin Institute, Plymouth University Molecular Biology Group, Dylan Elen PhD Researcher on Honey Bee Subspecies Conservation Bangor University.
- Feb 2019 Saturday 16th 8pm project supper.
- Feb 2019 Sunday 17th Mount Edgcumbe Cornish Bee Group. 2-4pm.
- Feb 2019 Monday 18th February open apiary day West Devon Bee Improvement Group 10-12pm and Shebbear Black Bee Conservation Project open apiary day 2.00-4.00pm.
- Feb 2019 Tuesday 19th February Treluswell allotment Falmouth 10-12am and Godolphin House National Trust 2-4pm.
- Feb 2019 Wednesday 20th February apiary day at Heligan 10-12pm and apiary day at Eden 2.00-4.00 pm.
- Feb 2019 Thursday 21st February Blackdown Hills Black Bee Conservation Project 10am and Project B5, Somerset British Black Bee Conservation Group 2-4 pm.
- Feb 2019 Friday 22nd February Cockington open apiary 10-12 pm and 2-4 pm open apiary Marley Farm Apiary South Brent
- Feb 2019 Saturday 23rd February BIPCo apiary day at Tregantle Fort 2pm.
- Feb 2019 Sunday 24th February 2-4pm Rosewarne Teaching Apiary
- April 19th to 20th June 2019 Eden B4 Exhibition for Plymouth University/B4/Eden/Kurt Jackson.
- September 2019 Godolphin National Trust declare themselves Black Bee Reserve.
- September 2019 Eden declare themselves Black Bee Reserve