OUR STORY SO FAR.
- In 2019 The Secret Larder was born, we started in a small garage in Easton and in June 2019 we opened our doors to the good people of Bristol. In this tiny garage we had over 32 different artist exhibiting and daily servings of homemade cakes and coffee. Also boasting our chalkboard tables to keep the little ones and overly enthusiastic adults entertained.
- The Secret Larder started off as a small project with the hopes of to kick start a larger project in the future. It was a success over the summer months but due to our location in Easton we couldn't foresee being open in the Winter being feasible. From there we turned the garage into our own screen printing studio (Bon Clothing). which now supports our growing demand of merchandise for the Secret Larder. Then Covid-19 hit but didn't stop us from keeping that dream alive.
- We found Unit 4 on Merton Road and set up during the Covid-19 pandemic. When the Lockdown had eased we opened our doors for the second time. We were really surprised by the response of the incredible community that supported us even in the middle of an industrial estate. A hidden gem to say the least! As we progressed we started making donuts because who doesn't love coffee & donuts. They went down an absolute STORM.
During our time at Merton Road we supported local artists through exhibitions and art events. Even hosting live music, creative market stalls, yoga, book binding & even a hugely popular weekly life drawing class.
- Lockdown 2 happened so we jumped into action and created a donut delivery service to fulfil all of Bristols donut needs. Through no lack of trying we didn't get the Grant from the council due to subletting the space off the tattoo studio.
- On the 1st of December we received the devastating news that we could no longer operate at Unit 4. The tattoo business wanted to expand the tattoo across the entirety of the unit. We had been giving 23 days to collect our belonging and find a new home.
Unfortunately we have fallen through the financial cracks and have been unable to obtain the Government Bounce back Loan due to not trading continuously before 1st March 2020 and have sadly been unable to obtain any funding at all.
WHAT YOUR DONATION WILL HELP TOWARDS.
A new premises (our new home) - We hope to find a new premises and call it home for a considerable time! We want to make it a beautiful place for people to come in and relax, work & create an atmosphere for the community in all walks of life.
(£10K may seem like a lot but the reality is that many Landlords in Bristol ask for six months rent upfront.)
Continuing to support artists and events - To be able to support local artists of all disciplines through exhibitions, events, classes. You name it, we want it.
Maintain our livelihoods - The Secret Larder supports three of the most outrageously funny, hardworking exuberant individuals going... oh & everyones actual favourite Flint the puppy. We love what we do and we have so much more to give. It was honestly heartbreaking having to leave Unit 4, we accomplished so much in such in such a small space of time. To be able to continue secure our futures in these uncertain times.
We know times are tough and this is a completely ridiculous time of year to ask but honestly every contribution goes so far and hugely appreciated. We are of course offering Rewards for pledges. Tote bags, t-shirts and even the chance to name a donut after yourself! Every person who pledges big of small will have their name on our pledge wall.
If you can't pledge that's totally fine! Even sharing our cause will go a long way, tell your friends & family. Basically spread the word!
Thank you for reading and your support and we hope to see you in 2021 with a brand spanking new home for the Secret Larder! Stay safe dudes and dudettes.