The Ilse Amlot centre is situated in the middle of Northumberland Park estate, the most deprived ward in Haringey surrounded by deprivation, gang culture and a high crime rate.
Many of our centre users are faced with adversity on a daily basis and we believe we provide stability for these families by having a centre that advises, guides and provides nursery provision for 2-4 year olds. 50% of our children including several with a diagnosis of Autism need additional learning support on a daily basis.
We believe that all children deserve the best possible start in life. We aspire to provide the foundations they need to thrive.
Sadly we have experienced gradual loss in our finances and this has left us with the threat of closure or several redundancies. Meaning many of our children including those with complex needs in our community may lose much needed provision.
Any funding raised would be used to continue to:
- Maintain increased ratios to provide additional learning support and interventions. (One years salary for 3 specialist support workers = £60,000)
- Provide a safe and secure learning environment for the local children.
- Support families and our local community.
- Provide our children with resources to enhance learning and development.
- Provide parenting workshops.
- Support sustainability of the centre.