We’re so excited for One Love Festival 2021 and we’ve been thinking of ways to make your festival even better and secure for the future
People are often very surprised to hear that it costs over 1/2 million pounds every year to host One Love, and a big chunk of these costs are paid far in advance of the festival. The larger the financial support we have, the more secure our future and the longer we can continue to bring you the festival with a line up and a peace loving family vibe you won't find anywhere else
We're doing everything we can to survive through this unprecedented year; budgeting, taking out sizeable loans, exploring new concepts. But Government help is limited and Raising over 40k, or any amount toward this, gets us a really significant step further.
Your investment in One Love will make a very impactful contribution to the financial black hole we find ourselves in and need to fill, but the situation we are facing is overwhelming, and anything we can raise over the coming month will make a massive difference toward us being able to continue to produce an uncompromised and affordable One Love you Love for years to come.
We are truly independent and are only accountable our community. So please keep doing your thing, pledging and sharing our Crowdfunder with your friends.
So much One Love
Why Are We Crowdfunding?
The devastating impact of COVID-19 on The World and the subsequent restrictions imposed to halt its spread, has meant that we have had no choice other than cancel this year’s One Love festival - which would have been our 13th anniversary. This is heart-breaking, One Love is an annual reunion of a huge community of like-minded souls and we are devastated that we will not be able to come together this August.
This also means as a company we will have to survive with no income for 18 months. What does this mean for One Love?
The Stark Financial Challenge We Face
- We now find ourselves in a very grave financial situation. We have already invested significant, unrecoverable costs into One Love 2020 as well as the ongoing overheads costs simply required to exist.
- We have secured a bank loan which gives us a degree of security to work towards next year’s event 2021 event
- But this will still not be enough to fill the black hole we are staring at, and now we look to you, our One Love community and family, to help us get through these turbulent times.
- We know that, with a little help from our friends, we can weather this storm and emerge stronger.
- One Love has Uk significant Cultural importance and championed the importance of community resilience for nearly a decade and a half , and now more than ever this crisis has shown how important the concept of ‘Community’ really is. We all need each other in these crazy times not only to survive, but to thrive!
How You Can Help
- We need to raise much needed funds to help keep our Little reggae Utopia alive. The money will help bridge us to next year; covering essential costs, ensuring that our small and dedicated organisation continues to exist (with belts tightened), and are able to produce next year’s festival without any compromise to you, to our ethos or to the quality of the festival.
- One Love is also part of a wider community and ecosystem in the world, and your donation supports this as much as our own core costs.
- One Love is too precious to so many people not to exist. It is so much more than a festival, it’s a space that we can live by the One Love values we hold so dearly, and clearly demonstrate a different world is possible. And you, our community and supporters, are an integral part of making this happen.
We will work non-stop to ensure that One Love will return next year, stronger and more resilient. We will also continue to develop and support the community initiatives that promote a more sustainable planet, as well as carrying on the work we do with all our creative and charity partners.
What We Are Offering
We got some serious rewards up our sleeves, Become a Trustee with life time VIP entry, the chance to win one off collectable reggae artist / One Love memorabilia (!) and some incredibly beautiful exclusive art prints, a Original Martin Glover Painting, the promotors car registration plate, Check out the rewards section for the full list of what's up for grabs!
Our Promise To You
With your help, we can in return promise to:
- Present an incredible musical line up that you won’t find elsewhere – and that perfectly compliments the vibe, atmosphere and rhythm of your weekend.
- Give you a thousand chances to participate, whether you’re after escapism into a Life of One Love to meet up with long lost friends, and to continue the One Love dream for future generations to enjoy
- Provide a four day Reggae, Dub adventure, where you can watch history being made year in year out, make lots of new friends and return to the world fuelled up on the beauty of being alive.
ONE LOVE A 13 YEAR AFFAIR WITH REGGAE AND DUB CULTURE
One Love Festival is currently the UK’s longest continuously running specialist reggae music festival. It was created in 2008 to commemorate the 30th anniversary of Bob Marley’s famous 1978 Peace Concert of the same name. Like the One Love Peace Concert in Jamaica, the message of One Love Festival is one of unity, bringing people together to experience the joys of the human heartbeat that is reggae music. As Bob Marley himself sang, “One love, one heart, let’s get together and feel alright”.
For some 12 years, One Love Festival has been on a nomadic journey to spread this message. It first began in Sussex and has staged memorable events in Essex, Buckinghamshire, Somerset, Gloucestershire and most recently, the Garden of England, Kent. Organiser Dan Wiltshire’s vision is to combine the rural escape and feel of Glastonbury festival with the world’s best live and sound system-based reggae acts. Where before One Love Festival, camping at reggae festivals was more of a European phenomenon, it has now become the norm here in the UK.
Through the last decade One Love has welcomed live performances by reggae greats, both past and present. It has provided a platform for the veterans and instigators of the music, such as Yellowman, John Holt, Frankie Paul, The Twinkle Brothers, Luciano, Freddie McGregor, Dawn Penn, Third World, Lee Scratch Perry and many more. Memorable moments have included talks by super-producer Bunny Lee and Derrick Morgan being crowned “The King Of Ska” in 2017.
Likewise, One Love has been a supporter of the 21st century’s rising stars – Jah9, Kabaka Pyramid, Etana and Alborosie – alongside local bands and emerging talent. Related styles like ska, jungle, drum & bass and soul are given a spotlight.
From its very roots, the festival has always had a strong sound system component. Top sounds such as Coxsone and Youth Promotion have drawn their finest selections in friendly competition. Often the stage and sound system elements combine: when Luciano joined Saxon Sound on the mic after his triumphant Main Stage performance in 2010, it summed up the ethos of the festival perfectly.
As well as multiple stages and sound system tents, One Love offers the holistic reggae experience. Each year the festival grows organically in terms of production, scope and vision. One Love is currently developing two special areas: the Rasta Village and the Space of Love, to give its guests the chance to engage with the culture and community of reggae beyond the music. A wide range of food, clothing, crafts and cultural stalls cater for global tastes and dietary requirements.
Above all, One Love Festival is a family affair. Reggae fans of all ages are welcome, in a relaxed and safe space for everyone. One Love Festival is a melting pot: a multi-cultural, multi-ethical, free trade and environmentally-friendly event, buzzing with creativity, fun, ideas and soul. One of the most diverse, interactive and unique festivals in the UK, it means something deep and different to each person who attends. Everyone leaves the site experiencing their own exceptional One Love Festival moment and memory.
In a world where borders and divisions are becoming increasingly prevalent, the message of One Love Festival has never been more important. It offers the chance to reach out to others and experience unity in an unspoiled and natural environment. It brings the teachings of Bob Marley to the people and reminds us why uniting for love is the only option. Come and celebrate peace, love and reggae music.