- Coverack is a small coastal village on the Lizard Peninsula in Cornwall. Coverack is 12 miles from Helston, the nearest town. We have a village store, small primary school, Youth Hostel, public house, several restaurants. There is a picturesque harbour with a number of fishing boats and is a great attraction for visitors. We have a popular village hall which requires a major refurbishment which we are planning for the future. But first we have to deal with a foundation problem which requires a scheme to underpin part of the Hall. We are calling for donations from our community – residents, visitors and businesses – to help us to save Lambeage Hall for future generations. Lambeage Hall first opened its doors to offer respite for the Royal British Legion in 1922. Over the years, the hall has become a vital space for local clubs, village events, private parties, weddings and local entertainment. The hall’s grounds are Coverack’s only public green space for outdoor events, including the Coverack Summer Fete. We are delighted to report that in addition to the funds raised so far we have received a £3,000 grant from St Keverne Parish Council and direct funding from local residents and visitors. Consequently we have lowered our Crowdfunding target from the original £15,000 to £10,000. We are delighted with fundraising activities and are especially excited that we are promoting an Arts festival in July. All be some expenses will go towards our project - many thanks to the volunteers who are organising all the events (art, music and spoken word)
- Coverack Fete - Summer 2018
- The audience enjoying socialising in the interval of 'Darke Women' production
- ‘Lambeage Hall is a wonderful unique venue with extraordinary views. The hall has so much potential. We had a wonderful evening there with the show Darke Women. However the hall would benefit from some modernisation. It is a venue full of character with a genuine local feel which you wouldn't want to lose’
Bec Applebee Actor and director
‘Although not residents we have had a much loved holiday home used by extended family for a decade in Coverack. We value the LH for film night, painting courses and other events’
- As our community thrives and grows, we see a great future for the hall and we need your help to make it happen. Over the years, the building has suffered damage. It has weathered many storms and well-intentioned improvements have caused problems to the foundation. In order for us to refurbish and develop the hall further, we first need to ensure the current and future structural integrity of the building. We’re seeking donations for to fund the essential foundation work. Any further available funds would allow us to start improvements to the facilities to make Lambeage Hall a more welcoming community space.
- We currently have almost £11,000 allocated for the underpinning project. The total cost is estimated to be £26,000. We need to raise a further £15,000
Carn to Cove productions: 'Darke Women' Bec Appleby; 'The Elves and Shoemaker', Silly Boys; 'Lessons in Love', Carmen and Mimi.
Coverack Art Club - Summer exhibition
Donations will help fund this first phase of the project to underpin the Hall and ensure the future structural integrity of the building.
Subsequent phases will improve the building including providing facilities for disabled; signage; exterior decorations; balcony overlooking the sea; improved parking; and refurbishment of kitchen, toilets and bar.
We plan to support and encourage existing activities - Jujitsu, yoga, film, theatre, music, art, horticultural show, weddings and encourage new activities and events for the community such as an arts, craft, music and literary festivals, indoor bowls, adult education
Cahooty Hillbilly Band; 'The Last Illusion'; Bash Street Theatre; 'Komedy of Errors' Circus Berzercus