It has always been a dream in my life to create something positive for communities and always believed that charity does always mean just donating money to a cause but actually developing a damn good business and contribute to communities through their development.
Some time ago, I was looking around for certain technologies to adapt in my current work and then ... it happened- the Light Bulb Moment! right in a meeting with folks from kleintech.net and ugcs.com.
With a help of a community, we can finish developing the Autonomous Drone Flight Management (ADFM) system and put it to community use much earlier than if we develop this alone.
How does it works
Drones equipped with a Drone controller box are able to fly predefined patrol routes without any operator input or presence as each of the drone will be operated by a microcomputer located in attached system box.
All communication will be done using 3G/4G internet and our system will detect unusual behaviour. When such behaviour is detected, the drone notifies the security monitoring centre operator and a video feed is recorded and streamed to the Security Monitoring Centre Data Storage.
What is needed
Funds! I`m asking you will allow me to finish 2 prototypes and install our Drone controller box on any of currently available drones such as “DJI Phantom 3” or “3dr Solo Quadcopter Drone”.
These prototype drones will be used to create awareness and exposure through social media campaigns which will help me to raise the rest of the funds needed to put this product on the market and in community use.
Currently our estimations show that to make our product market ready we will need £250,000 in total.
I’m starting a non-profit organisation and my aim is to work under the following structure:
Sell our ADFM system as a product in the security market and 50% of our profits will go into the future development of the system. The other 50% will go into the operational costs of deploying drones in areas with high crime rates.
Folks, who willing to put extra hours after their professional day job:
Intars Olbiks – Business Development,
Maryam Hussain - Marketing,
Min – Apps and Software Development,
Oskars Olbiks - Hardware Engineering,
Miks Petersons – Product Design.
Drone controller box (proto):
· Raspberry Pi 3 model B
1.2 GHz 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A53
1 GB LPDDR2 RAM at 900 MHz
- Ultrasonic Distance Sensor
- Energenie Pi-mote IR (Infrared) Control Board
- GPS module
- Bluetooth Low Energy (4.0)
Supported drones (and more in development):
- Lockheed Martin
Drone controller box:
*Currently we are working with multiple sourcing companies to put all components together
08/2016 Crowdfunding Campaign
10/2016 Finished Prototypes
11/2016 Kick start Social Media campaigns
06/2017 Pre-production Drone controllers shipped to backers
08/2017 Product goes to market
01/2018 Starting our own drone development, to improve drone efficiencies
01/2019 Starting Nano Drone Development
Currently our major challenge is to develop a reliable and weatherproof charging system for the docking station.
- We already have multiple scenarios that could be used to solve this challenge, all we need is funding and we can get parts in and work on them.
Current generation of drones has short operational times.
- Our Drone-Pad will have multiple batteries on it and Drone controller box will be equipped with quick connect battery bay and will be able to hot-swap batteries on the go.
Other Ways You Can Help
- Please get the word out and make some noise about our project!
- If you would like to trial our system, please drop an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are an investor who cares not only about Exit Strategy, please reach us on: email@example.com.
- If you have any ideas related to development and believe it will help us to make our system better, this is a way to reach us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interested to put some hours in development? please do not hesitate to send us an email to: email@example.com.
We are eternally grateful for the time you’ve spent learning about our cause and all good vibes you sent to us!