Portsmouth Corporation 123 is a Leyland PD3/6 built in 1959 with Metro-Cammell 64-seat double deck body
Capacity increased to 70-seats in 1962
It was sold to the Transport and Road Research Laboratory in Berkshire and delivered to that organisation in January 1976 various modifications had been made at Eastney depot. These included closing off the rear entrance and building a flat platform on the roof
In November 1985 it was sold by TRRL at auction to the Newham Historic Vehicle Preservation Group who undertook the restoration back to original condition Preservation Group who undertook the restoration back to original condition.
Passed to the sole ownership of Alan Wilsonham in 1999 who generously donated it to CPPTD.
Passed to WOMP Ltd for continued preservation in 2010
Restoration work is nearing completion, there is some electrical work, exterior paintwork (the mosty expensive part) plus various tasks ready to MOT the vehicle.
It is hoped to return the bus to Portsmouth’s roads in 2017