We are passionate about...
At Restored, we passionately advocate for relationships of mutual respect and love, modelling the reconciling love shown by Christ to all people. We know that relationships don’t always look like this. Control and abuse are, sadly, prevalent in our communities and our churches, with one in four churchgoers experiencing abuse in an intimate relationship.
We work to change the stories of women who are affected by domestic abuse, by training churches to recognise, prevent and respond to instances of domestic abuse. We also provide support for survivors of domestic abuse.
We’re delighted to celebrate all we’ve achieved for women in the last ten years. We have:
- spoken up to ensure domestic abuse is addressed in churches and beyond
- supported survivors via on online network
- advocated on behalf of women at a national level
- engaged men to take a stand against domestic abuse
But we need your help to make waves for women over the next ten years. We choose now to strengthen our resolve, giving what we can to bring change for women in the next decade. You can help us ensure that church communities are places where women are safe and thrive.
'I felt I couldn't talk to anyone in the church about [my experience of domestic abuse]. I didn't know anyone who I could trust enough to believe me or take what I was going through seriously. No-one knew how desperate I felt. It was like I was living in a state where my physical body was operating but life had been sucked out of me.' - Charlotte
Help us bring change
You could be the reason somebody like Charlotte finds a supportive church when she turns to her community for help.
- £10 could provide a woman like Charlotte with a Survivors’ Handbook, helping her take the first steps to a safer future.
- £60 could resource an individual to become a beacon of hope for people like Charlotte.
- £200 could equip and train a whole church community to become fully skilled in preventing and addressing domestic abuse, providing a safe space for women like Charlotte.
Your gift to us will help us change the story for thousands of women in the coming decade.
Together, we can bring dignity and hope to thousands of women in the decade ahead. #ChangingTheStory