Cath Lowe, primary school teacher, purchased a Bungalow last year, as a fresh start for her and her husband, Andy, after Andy had suffered ill heath.
Sadly, during November last year, Andy passed away . This was a devastating blow for Cath, as Andy was her Childhood sweetheart, however, she has bravely tried to rebuild her life.
On 13th September this year, due to an electrical fault, Cathy’s bungalow set fire whilst she was asleep. Against all odds, Cathy managed to escape, but sadly she left only with the clothes on her back.
Cathy was devastated at the loss of her home, and even worse, her keepsakes and photographs of her husband.
Following the fire, and whilst Cathy was still in hospital, it transpired that her insurance did not auto renew as she thought it had. This was a devastating blow as Cathy was left homeless with not so much a winter coat. Thankfully Cathy does have support from a loving family, but understandably, she would like to go home.
We are raising money towards rebuilding Cathy’s home. Thankfully she has builders in the family who can undertake the work at cost price, however, materials are still required. The materials have been quoted at £20,000, and therefore we are aiming to raise at least half of this, so that Cathy can go home as soon as possible.
Any donations are gratefully received, and will all to towards this fantastic cause.
Our aim is £10,000, and we have already received £3135.00 which is overwhelming. This therefore brings the target to £6875.00.