RE-ELECT HANNAH BARDELL AS THE MP FOR LIVINGSTON
When I was first elected in 2015 I could never have predicted four years on, amidst chaos and uncertainty, we would be heading for the polls for our third General Election.
I don’t think many people could, these are extraordinary times.
It has been the privilege of my life to represent my hometown of Livingston since 2015 and I am proud of the record I stand on, one of standing up for equality, against injustice and the brutal Tory welfare cuts that have hit the poorest in my constituency and across Scotland hardest.
In this time amongst many other things I have:
- Campaigned successfully to keep local libraries open when the West Lothian council Labour and Conservative administration tried to close them
- Set up a community hub with local volunteers to ensure no Kaiam workers went without support when they lost their jobs just before Christmas.
- Launched the All Party Parliamentary Group on Deaths Abroad and Consular Services following the suspicious deaths of constituents Julie Pearson and Kirsty Maxwell delivered a comprehensive report that will seek to overhaul the way families are properly supported.
- Successfully lobbied the UK Government to create an Independent Aviation Noise Authority (IANA) and set up a local noise board so that local communities affected by aviation noise can be heard and involved in decisions.
- Run two Marathons, completed the KiltWalk and trekked 120km to raise money for local charities (Jak’s Den, the Michelle Henderson Cervical Trust and West Lothian Drug and Alcohol Project.)
I hope that I have proven to my constituents that I am a strong voice for the people of Livingston, but what I know is that in this campaign and in these unprecedented times we can’t afford to take a single vote for granted.
That is why I need your help. In this campaign we need to reach more people than ever before. I want to make sure that we have the materials to reach every corner of our brilliant constituency, so that everyone who lives here knows what we stand for.
I want to create a thriving campaign hub, a space for people who want to join our campaign to be trained up and ready to hit the doorsteps. I want to run events for local voters to come and have the chance to ask their questions about the issues that matter most to them.
I know it’s a lot to ask when times are hard, but I am asking if you would consider chipping in to give us enough money to do all of this and more.
I am determined to be the strongest possible voice for the people of Livingston, to give them the representation that they deserve, and I’d love you to be a part of it.
Get involved - VoteHannahBardell@gmail.com and keep up with our campaign for Livingston on Twitter @HannahBforLiviMP.
All money donated will be deposited into the Livingston Constituency SNP bank account and invested into our local campaign.
Please note that if you are kind enough to donate more than £50 to my campaign, your name and address will be checked against the electoral register to ensure that you are eligible to donate. Your name, but not your address, will be made available by the council on request after the election.