Real people who care about their residents and communities:
'The BOROUGH first' (tBf) was established in late 2018 as a values-based, grass-roots political party to support independently-minded candidates and councillors, representing their local communities and working together on a common goal of making the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead a great place for all.
Utilising proper democratic processes, our candidates when elected will make evidence-based and informed decisions to set realistic policies and budgets that will enable our communities to be well-served and well-equipped to thrive in our rapidly changing world.
Support and training:
We have been actively recruiting for candidates across all works of life and experiences from the Borough over the last few months, who like many more feel seriously disillusioned by the current local council. With the local elections looming in a matter of weeks, we need to be able to raise awareness of tBf's existence and also to support these candidates with their canvassing to ensure election success.
Also, among our ranks, we have a few existing councillors as well as an experienced campaign manager, who will provide an understanding of what is involved in being a councillor, their future responsibilities, the RBWM committee structure, terminology, etc. We shall provide support for election materials and create a forum for the candidates to be able to meet to agree mutual pledges and policies.
Not driven by national party politics:
We're keen to put locally-focused people at the heart of our council. Our local council is currently being totally undermined, with national party politics and individual political ambition being prioritised before local need.
Candidates from the national parties tend to show unconditional loyalty to a party machine, which discourages collaboration and proper healthy debate and has proven to be wholly inappropriate when considering local issues across the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead.
We are very aware that we do not have access to the types of funds available for electioneering by the established parties - and we have deliberately kept our membership subcriptions low in order to ensure the wider community is able to join tBf. Therefore we need help from like-minded individuals keen to see people of independent thought coming together to run the Borough solely in the interests of residents - putting 'people before politics.
What will my donation do?:
When you join this crowdfund, you’ll be making this plan a reality by directly funding candidate campaigns and the growth of this movement. The more you give, the more we can do.
Your donation will help amplify their campaign - creating more noise, popular support and increasing their chances of success. Doing this costs money and effort. It means creating leaflets and posters, running Facebook adverts and online petitions, and much, much more.
The more you pledge, the more we can do:
- £10 - rosettes/identifiers for 5 candidates or supporters
- £25 - to sponsor a Facebook post across the Borough
- £95 - to print ward leaflets for each candidate (RBWM has 41 seats)
- £250 - equips 50 volunteers with branded bags to hold campaign material for canvassing purposes
- £5000 - creates a radio campaign to raise awareness and recruit more supporters
- £6000 - to print and deliver a Borough-wide brand awareness leaflet drop
Please note that in line with the rules provided by the Electoral Commission, if you are making a donation you agree that:
1. All sums are given free of any obligation whatsoever by individuals registered as on the UK electoral register or on behalf of a UK registered company.
2. Where total donations (whether money or in kind) received from you exceed £7,500 in a year, in compliance with electoral law, “tBf” will report the information to the Electoral Commission who will make the information publicly available.
3. We may in our sole discretion return donations after deducting the costs of transfer and administration. Thank you for supporting 'the BOROUGH first'.
For any additional questions, please refer to https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/
Published and promoted by Charles Hollingsworth on behalf of “the BOROUGH first“ both of PO BOX 4919, Maidenhead, SL60 1LS