My name is Neil Cogan. I am aiming to compete in the 2019 Renault UK Clio Cup with my own team. I currently hold a racing license and have tested in many different varieties of racing which I feel has given me more experience and knowledge of the sport and what is required to be successful. I have been go-karting since I was six years old in various karts and at various venues. At my local go-karting venue I have consistently finished no lower than third position, producing equal lap times every lap and I was therefore invited to compete for a NKA karting championship. My recent racing history includes testing in an MG ZR and competing in a Renault Clio scholarship where there were two timed sessions and my quickest lap time improved by 2.5 seconds from the first session to the second. I have also competed in successful MINI Cooper Challenges at Oulton Park and Donington Park. Most recently I competed in a karting race at my local venue where I claimed pole position and won with lapping everyone in the process. I am eager to take the next step in my racing career and compete in a professional championship.
I have always been interested, passionate and involved in motor racing from an early age. My lifelong ambition has always to be a professional racing driver. My eventual ambition is to compete in the British Touring Car Championship, with more than 50% of the current BTCC grid consisting of former Renault UK Clio Cup drivers, the Clio Cup is the perfect feeder series to the BTCC. Therefore I am aiming to enter my own team in 2019 Renault UK Clio Cup and hopefully progress into the BTCC.
Throughout the season I will try to raise funds for 9 different charities, where donations can be made at each venue and via my team/personal website. Each meeting will be focused around one charity where they will have a large logo on my race car and representatives from the charity as guests at the event e.g. the first meeting could be Cancer Research, the second meeting could be the British Heart Foundation and so on.
The charities I would like to raise funds for throughout the season (subject to agreement):
- Cancer Research
- British Heart Foundation
- Alzheimers Society
- Help For Hereos
- We Love Manchester
- Manchester Childrens Hospital
- Donna's Dream House
- Make A Wish
The Renault UK Clio Cup is Europe's most competitive single-make saloon car championship and unrivalled in producing many of the top names in touring car racing in the UK.
As in previous seasons, all 18 of the UK Clio Cup's races in 2019 will take place at the British Touring Car Championship’s high-profile events.
That means trackside crowds of over 38,000 people while ITV devotes some 140 hours' live coverage to the events on its ITV4 and ITV4 HD channels.
In 2019, the BTCC's events – including the supporting Clio Cup action – will be the only form of motor sport in the UK scheduled to receive live coverage all season long on free-to-air TV.
Furthermore races will also be streamed live to mobile devices via ITV.com. Highlights will appear on ITV's Motorsport UK show (ITV1 and ITV4).
As ever, the BTCC teams will be watching to see who stands out as a potential star signing for the future. Notably in 2018, 16 of the BTCC's 30 rounds were won by former Clio Cup drivers; seven also finished inside the BTCC's championship top 12. such names as Colin Turkington (3-time BTCC Champion), Ashley Sutton (2017 BTCC Champion), Andrew Jordan (2013 BTCC Champion), Jack Goff, Sam Tordoff, Josh Cook, Senna Proctor, Chris Smiley, Daniel Lloyd, Mike Bushell.
The 2019 Renault UK Clio Cup is contested over 9 meetings, at 8 of the best circuits throughout the country.
The 2019 calendar:
6 – 7 Apr Brands Hatch, Kent
27 – 28 Apr Donington Park, Leicestershire
15 – 16 Jun Croft, North Yorkshire
29 – 30 Jun Oulton Park, Cheshire
3 – 4 Aug Snetterton, Norfolk
17 – 18 Aug Thruxton, Hampshire
14 – 15 Sep Knockhill, Fife, Scotland
28 – 29 Sep Silverstone, Northamptonshire
12 – 13 Oct Brands Hatch, Kent
I am currently seeking funding to purchase a Renault UK Clio Cup race car and to pay the driver entrance fees.
Renault UK Clio Cup benefits:
- Guaranteed TV coverage on every race day
- The Renault UK Clio Cup supports the British Touring Car Championship (BTCC)
- The Renault UK Clio Cup is the perfect feeder series to the BTCC with more than 50% of the current BTCC drivers, are former Renault UK Clio Cup drivers.
- The Renault Clio Cup also offers a Masters Cup and a Graduate Cup that is presented within each race.
- The Clio Cup Sunday races are live on ITV4. With over 19 million TV viewings a season (over 2 million per meeting).
- The Renault UK Clio Cup has over 15 hours of highlights on ITV1 & ITV4
- Viewing figures for the BTCC race meetings on ITV4 for the 2018 season rose by 43% compared to the viewing figures from the 2017 season and is expected to continue rising over the coming years.
- ITV4’s live coverage in 2018 totalled 144.5 hours.
- itv.com in the 2018 season had 31,531,729 annual visitors.
- A minimum of 40,000 spectators are in attendance at each BTCC race day, which in 2018 had over 385,100 a season.
- The highest demographic in attendance at each race meeting is between the ages of 25 and 40 years old.
- An average of 40,000 viewings a month on www.renaultsport.co.uk website, therefore reaching nearly 500,000 per year.
- The Renault UK Clio Cup has over 13,000 followers on Facebook and over 8,000 on Twitter
- Your name on my race car.
- Your name on my/team website under sponsor tab.
- Your name on pull-up banners/advertising boards within and around the pit garage/awning.
- A signed thank you photo/poster.
- A personal thank you message/video to each donator on my Facebook, Twitter and website
- Additional benefits will be available for companies willing to become a sponsor.
Rewards for donators:
- Donate £60 and receive a pair of weekend general admission tickets at selected events.
- Donate £150 and receive free access to the pit garage/awning at each event (limited space available). This can be arranged via a guest list. Ticket request due 1 week prior to event due to postage.
- Donate £250 and receive a free go-karting event.
- Donate £500 and receive a passenger ride in my Renault UK Clio Cup Car.
- Donate £1000 and receive a one-to-one tuition (track day) in my Renault UK Clio race car