Projekt 42 is the UK's first centre to combine group fitness, personal training and mental health services.
In one membership, a person can access everything they need to build their own wellness and resilience. We're not just a gym, we are an engaging programme that gets communities to improve their own health and wellbeing.
To date, we have delivered 100's of hours of free and low cost counselling, weekly free fitness programmes, supported over 50+ senior citizens to stay active and healthy, delivered a youth fitness club, supported cancer patients with a free activities led by a cancer trained specialist. We have also supported many of the coaches delivering classes at Projekt 42 to access training and support to gain the confidence to lead classes. Just recently, our junior work placement team started their Level 2 Gym qualifications and hope to be able to support the launch of a new service aimed at supporting the deaf community access more health and fitness activities.
Why we need funding
It is estimated that more than one in three people are affected by a mental health problem each year. The most common illnesses are depression and anxiety. The number of suicides in Scotland increased by 15% between 2017 and 2018, with 784 probable suicides. Our ambition is to continue to deliver 50+ hours of online counselling each week during the lockdown, but also to continue helping for the foreseeable future. To be able to do this we need your help.
With £16,000 we will continue to:
- deliver 50 hours of counselling each week for eight weeks
- Provide free and low cost support to anyone who applies through our online self-referral system
- Provide support to our existing beneficiaries
- Secure staff, skills and resources we need to deliver our project
- Launch our psycho-education online workshops to help people gain a deeper understanding of their own emotional needs and also how to build better relationships, overcome anxiety and build better resilience
By helping our project you are helping us to sustain our charity's overall core objectives, which in turn benefits and changes the lives of the communities with whom we work with in Edinburgh.
Help support the charity by buying some of our products!