By helping our cause you will be able to enjoy a series of quality rewards, and whether they be based on attending and enjoying the proceedings, or receiving quality creative services.
There are 2 events that we are hosting and producing this year.
- The very first Plymouth Literature Festival Slam Competition. 18 poets will battle it out head to head to win cash prizes and for the winner , a paid slot at a future poetry event.
- The Pucker Poets special showcase. BBC UK Slam Winner 2017 Ben Norris will perform 20 minute sets supported by local talent.
Ben Norris is a writer and actor originally from Nottingham.
He is a two-time national poetry slam champion, with victories in the 2013 UK All-Stars Poetry Slam and the 2017 BBC Poetry Slam, and a regular at festivals and major venues around the country, including Latitude and the Proms at Royal Albert Hall.
His work has been broadcast across BBC radio, his debut short film for Channel 4 was shortlisted for a Royal Television Society Award, and his first solo show, 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Family', won the IdeasTap Underbelly Award at the 2015 Edinburgh Fringe before touring the UK to huge acclaim, finishing with a sold-out run at the Southbank Centre. It will tour Australia in 2018.
Ben's writing is interested in our dusty and difficult corners, in finding the bits that hurt and then prodding at them, part masseur part masochist.
Funds will be used to pay artists, production costs and venue fees.
Over funding will help set up the infrastructure for a larger plan for 2018 and help us take our Literature Festival events up a gear.
Plymouth Literature Festival is constantly evolving. Each year the entertainment and choice grows and with the support of Redrow Homes it has continued to bring pleasure to many of the cities literary fans.
It has been a successful summer for Pucker Poets. The highlights include:
- Curating of the Glas-Denbury festival Pucker Poets stage, which brought 32 local poets and 3 national poetry headliners to the sleepy hills of Denbury in Devon.
- A run of promotional activity at Edinburgh Festival for some top acts as well as Puckers Alexander Rhodes winning the Hammer And Tongue Poetry Slam. This will mean Alexander performing in the UK finals at the Albert Hall.
- Co-promoting and warming up for The Luke Wright Show "Toll" at the Barbican Theatre
- Poetry commissions for local businesses
Pucker Poets put on lively and popular events that maintain high levels of production quality and performance quality. This is one of the main focuses of this Crowdfunder. If we are to provide the required events they have to be in line with the high standards we set for out regular nights.
Check out our rewards and get on board! By using the Crowdfunder you will help us prepare the events and enjoy savings over the standard prices. All rewards will entitle you to entry to one or more events. Everyone wins.