Oven baked Salmon on new potatoes
Phoo dit? is an exciting, new business with a unique approach to helping people enjoy home cooked meals with their families. Customers will either come to our Tunbridge well, Kent location and prepare 12 meals that they pre-select from a menu ( 6 dishes shown on this page). Or order online. In under 30 mins, they will have a month's worth of meals to put in their freezer.
By focusing on our competitive edge (no direct competitors in the Tunbridge Wells area. Our customers, and their needs.
Phoo dit? is owned jointly by myself and my mother. I have 15 years of experience in the food service and entertainment industries, as a party planner and personal chef, respectively. We know the kinds of food preparation available in the Tunbridge Wells area. We have experienced the frustration of trying to feed a whole family healthy food both cheaply and quickly. My mothers existing contacts with local social and community groups.
Phoo dit? offers several advantages to its target market:
· Aim to provide free meal to low-income family's. who meet certain criteria. we plan to work with the local job centers for this. as one of the requirements is that the family must be on benefits.
· Relatively inexpensive meal preparation: from £20 for a four-person meal.
· Fun, social, carefree food preparation.
· Convenient: eat your prepared meals in your home, when you want.
· Saves time: no shopping, no prep, no cleanup.
· For seniors, special menus and transportation assistance make meals easy.
· And, best of all, not having to decide What's For Dinner?
Beef Lasagna with fresh tomatoes
Phoo dit? is a specialized business that provides a variety of people with the opportunity to prepare health conscious, yet savory meals that can be frozen to take home and eat at a later time. The purpose of this process is to both optimize the time investment needed to prepare the quality of meals that Phoo dit? will become known for, within the clients' current schedules, and also for them to practice the proper health-conscious behavior that has become the target lifestyle of a health deficient society.
Phoo dit? will provide a unique and distinctive service that will unite a party-like atmosphere with professional food preparation that will attract a growing repeat customer base. Phoo dit? will allow families and busy professionals the ability to prepare a variety of meals quickly in a fun atmosphere, away from home, thus giving people more of what they are looking for - time.
Our goal is to be a self-sustaining corporate enterprise within 3 years from the company's inception to begin expanding our menu offerings within 3 months and its location offerings within 4 years. Phoo dit? will employ 4 individuals full time within 3 years, and will hit net profit goals of £50,000 by the end of its second year of existence.
In short, we will be in the business of helping our customers to relieve their daily stresses of what to fix their families for dinner by providing them with a great menu choice of meals that they will prepare.
Thai green curry ( prawns) with lentils
Keys to Success
The keys to success in this business are:
· Creating a high level of customer satisfaction in our service and products, which will lead to customer retention each month.
· Marketing: getting our name out to the public, primarily through an intensive marketing campaign driven by our customers (word of mouth) with a supplemental vehicle of standardized and conventional marketing tactics.
· Great product quality and variety that will be used to aid in customer retention and growth.
· Finances: as our customer base increases we will be better able to lower our supply costs by buying more in bulk through foodservice distributors.
· Variety of menus offered based on seasons, trends and customer preferences.
· Exceeding our customers' expectations by offering them a higher quality of food for a competitive price.
· Phoo dit website will be an efficient and convenient place for customers to register and pay for parties.
The objectives for Phoo dit? in the first three years of operation include:
1. To exceed customers' expectations for food service and food service products.
2. To increase the number of clients served by 25% per year through superior service.
3. To develop a sustainable start-up business that is profitable.
4. To achieve an after-tax net profit of £75K by year three.
5. To achieve a net income of more than 10% of sales by the third year.
The start-up expenses include:
· Rent expenses include a deposit and rent for one month 1,706 square feet, in the total amount of £3,165. Total for 1 year £18,996
· Utility expenses for one month.
· Food containers and packaging
· Insurance deposit and first month.
· Sales & Marketing expenses including stationery, brochures, outdoor signage.
· Website development.
· Office, kitchen and janitorial supply expenses.
· Leasehold improvements, including contractors fees and permits.
The required start-up assets of £12,500 include:
· Kitchen Equipment (long-term assets) Rental for 1 year
· Prep Tables (long-term assets) Rental for 1 year
· Cooking utensils
· Various Kitchen Utensils
· Computer and small business software
Phoo dit will provide its customers with twelve home cooked meals that they will freeze until customers are ready to serve them. These meals will be chosen from a set menu designed weekly by us and the meals will be prepared in our location. All of the planning, shopping, food preparation, recipe directions, and containers will be provided to help make it as easy as possible for our customers to enjoy their time at our establishment.
Our customers will prepare their meals in a fun, party-like atmosphere where they can relax, meet new friends or spend time with old friends while preparing dinners for their families for the next month.
The Key benefits our customers will receive from using Phoo dit are:
· Spend less time in the kitchen
· Less money on groceries & eating out – it keeps you from being tempted to eat out
· Homestyle meals & better eating
· Able to sit down at the table together as a family – including conversation and socialization
· Clean up is easy, because the prep is done outside the home, and all meals come in disposable containers
· Less time spent on grocery shopping
· In 2 hours you will have 12 dinners for you and your family
· We create the menus – order the ingredients – slice, dice, chop and prepare
· Social hour preparing dinners
Our menus and portion sizes are tailored for the group and individual customers. Seniors get added benefits, with diabetic, low-cholesterol, and low-sodium choices. Families can increase portion sizes for a small fee to accommodate more children or guests.
Seasoned Stake with oven baked tomatoes and mushroom and onion sauce
Start up date
We aim to be moved in and fully functional by September 2019. The time until this date we aim to have established website offering online ordering, full menus. priced individual meals and also monthly membership options.
Risks and challenges
We are projecting very conservatively regarding the cost of sales and gross margin. Our costs of sales are based on grocery store prices, which will decrease once we are to consistently able to buy our food in larger quantities from a food distributor. This will significantly lower our cost of sales, and increase our gross margin more than in this projection. We prefer to project conservatively so that we make sure we have enough cash.