P.H.D FUNdamentals is the largest independent gymnastics and trampoline club in the Scottish Borders. We provide classes in; trampoline and gymnastics in Peebles and gymnastics in Galashiels, to almost 250 gymnasts weekly.
Over the last 18 months we have only been able to deliver 12 weeks of limited gymnastics sessions in Peebles and Galashiels due to a school fire in Peebles High School. This meant our venue was turned into classrooms to accommodate students for 10 weeks. Following the re-opening of Peebles High School we were able to briefly return our classes before we were forced to once again shut down due to the national COVID-19 lockdown. As a result of the severe and extended disruption to our running itinerary we have been unable to carry out the fundraising necessary to continue to subsidise the cost of running our sessions. In a normal year we would raise funds through supermarket bag packing, hosting our annual Christmas Display with raffle, our annual Club Championships, holiday camps and other fundraising activities focused on fun and socialising.
COVID-19 and lockdown have had large scale financial implications for the club. The inability to generate income and increased running costs; enhanced cleaning products, reduced numbers in our sessions and no fundraising, mean the club is now seeking financial support to help reach its charitable objectives in 2021 and reinforce the long-term future of the club.
As a charity, all income generated goes towards overheads including; hall hire, coaching fees, coach and volunteer education, maintenance of equipment, insurance and funded spaces.
What are we fundraising for?
- To increase our reach further into the community allowing us to provide more funded spaces to children and young people who face barriers to participation.
To provide and expand our funded spaces we also need to ensure the following aspects of the club continue to be funded:
- New coach education costs for new coaches, current coaches and volunteers, developing the skills of youngsters in our community with our Young Coach programme and furthering the development of our team.
- Renewal of First Aid and Child Protection courses for coaches and volunteers.
- Support gymnasts return both physically and mentally into sessions
- Support gymnasts families whose circumstances have changed to continue to attend sessions and feel part of the club family.
- Equipment maintenance and upgrades (as some equipment has been untouched in over a year).
- Replenish reserves for future projects or any further restrictions.
Your support will help ensure that P.H.D FUNdamentals can continue to provide opportunities for our community and our members, both current and future.
Your support will directly contribute to the stability of our club which is integral to the physical, mental and emotional well-being of many of our members.