WE NEED YOUR HELP
We have a space at Budehaven School that is currently:
- A mess
- An Eyesore
We have an opportunity, with your help to make our unused space
- Full of plants
- Utilised by students, teachers, staff, our community, groups and organisations
- Benefit the environment and our community
- Encourage biodiversity
- A space that will encourage wellness and mindfullnes
Spending time in green space or bringing nature into your everyday life can benefit both your mental and physical wellbeing.
For example, doing things like growing food or flowers, exercising outdoors or being around animals can have lots of positive effects.
- improve your mood
- reduce feelings of stress or anger
- help you take time out and feel more relaxed
- improve your physical health
- improve your confidence and self-esteem
- help you be more active
We believe that we can Create a garden that will encourage
- Encourage Wildlife
- Educate our students, teachers and staff about the environment, climate resilience, marine and environmental pollution and the economy and health of our community.
- To create an incredible space for learning with the addition of an outside screen and seating
- To create spaces for time out, for mindfulness and to connect with nature
- To create a garden space that will be about climate resilience and protecting our environment
HOW WE'LL DO IT
We need your help to raise money to create our garden
- We have volunteers from the community
- Students, Teachers and Staff will be rolling up their sleeves
- We have some super cool organisations helping and advising us about the environment climate resilience and biodiversity - Bude Cleaner Seas, Friends of the Earth, A Greener Bude, 2 Minute Beach Clean, Bude Climate Partnership.
Bude Cleaner Seas have been working with Budehaven School for over four and half years, giving talks inviting our friends from other organisations along to give talks on climate change, plastic pollution and what we can all do to make a difference. We've run workshops and invited amazing artists and campaigners such as Rob Arnold and Caroline from Ghost net goods. We've created art pieces including a giant heART on Summerleaze Beach which was shared at The Houses of Parliament and created huge awareness across social media platforms.
The more we raise with our crowdfunder the more we can achieve.
Our garden will be divided into 5 sections.
- Sensory Garden
- Mindfullness and meditation garden
- Grow your own food garden
- Education Space with projector and screen
- Citizen science area
- Wherever possible we will reuse and repurpose.
Wherever possible we will reuse and repurpose.
We will work with local environmental and community groups and organisations who will help us to achieve our goals in protecting our environment and being climate resilient.
WHY IT'S IMPORTANT
- If we continue on our current trajectory the future looks bleak for the Planet.
- Global warming and pollution created by the way we live are having a devastating effect on our World.
- The temperature of our Planet is increasing and we are seeing more extreme weather events year on year.
- Here in Bude sea level rise and flooding presents a very real risk to our community
- We can tackle this through education and by learning how we can get involved.
- If we all do our bit we can make a difference.
- By thinking Global and acting local. Please help us make a difference by supporting our Crowdfunder.
Pearl Bamford very sadly died aged 19, she was much loved and had been a talented artistic student at Budehaven School. The Pearl Bamford Garden will provide students at the school with a natural space for mindfulness and to engage with nature. We think Pearl would have loved it.
Check out our brilliant rewards - from surf lessons to T shirts and help us reach our goal.
Thank you x