Support a community rugby club
Park House is a community rugby club near Hayes. We have a strong community spirit and a focus on inclusion and enabling people to fulfil their potential. As well as being a Rugby Union club we host a Rugby League team, the South London Silverbacks.
Why do we need help?
Rugby, like most activities, has been severely disrupted by the Covid pandemic. Whilst the club has been closed and as a result of the various lockdown restrictions we have not been able to earn bar revenue or revenue through events hosted at the club. At the same time many of our normal operational expenses have continued to be borne by the club.
As a result, Park House has suffered a material impact to its revenue, some of which would have been put aside to invest in the Club's facilities.
Investing in the club facilities is critical to ensure that we build our membership and secure the long term future of the club. This is particularly important given the Covid disruption. We need to make sure that members return to playing at the Club and we build the playing member base if we are to come back from the Covid lockdowns as a stronger club. In addition, having better facilities:
- will enable us to grow amateur rugby
- give our members and visitors a better experience at our club.
What's our project about?
We want to invest in changes to the showers (and the hot water system supplying them) and the changing room toilets.
Aside from providing better facilities to members and guests, the hot water system is very old and requires replacement to ensure that it meets modern efficiency standards. The installation of a modern hot water boiler system will
- ensure savings in energy costs for the long term
- be a more environmentally friendly solution
How much funding do we need?
Our overall target will be £30,000. It is a significant fundraising target for the Club but we can do it with the support of our full community and the funding raised through this initiative will be an important part of the success of the fundraising initiative.
The Club will combine the funding raised through this crowdfunding initiative with monies saved by the club and any grants being applied for by the Club.
What will funds go towards?
The money that we raise will be put towards:
- three new, efficent hot water heaters
- new shower fittings
- shower tiling and flooring
- new players' toilet facilities.
If we have funds available we will put them toward renovating the changing rooms.
How to donate
You can either donate any amount you would like to give using the donate button on the right or you can select a reward and pay the specific amount for that reward.
For the listed prize draws the following conditions apply:
- they are only open to people resident in Great Britain. We will ask you confirm your address before we issue the prize and we will redraw if a winner is located outside of Great Britain
- you can enter the prize draws without donating simply by emailing [email protected]
- you can also donate in other ways other than participating in the prize draw. You can select the donate option or another reward
- The draws will be made within 90 days of the campaign launch or when all tickets have been sold (whichever is sooner). If people contact us asking for free entry (as described above) their entries will be added into the tickets bought for the draw. Winners will be selected at random.
- The results of the draw will be announced via our website and Facebook page and the winners contacted individually using the contact details that they provide