"Set in a high-street bookshop, aspiring writer Atticus Smith lives avidly through his novel’s characters until the arrival of the fastidious Lilly Sprocket. With a contemporary pop-folk score performed by a company of actor-musicians, Paper Hearts is about passion and finding your place in the world, among books."
At the beginning of our journey we were just like our main character Atticus. We sat in a small room and dreamed of this great story, we were going to tell. But the theatre biz, just like the book industry, can be daunting. Where do you start? It seemed like an impossible dream. But with an amazing team of creatives, who put there heart and passion into this show, and the support of our friends and fans, we brought Paper Hearts to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. And we conquered the hearts of our audience and critics alike.
Now we need your support! Paper Hearts would not have been possible without our dedicated fan base. We have fans around the world and we want to meet you all!
We are thrilled to continue this journey with you and we need your help to reach even further. You can do this by supporting our campaign and spreading the word on social media!
How does it work?
Easy! Just select the reward and amount you would like to give to support us!
As a thank you we created amazing rewards for you! We want to take you with us on our journey to Hamburg.
We will write your name on a book. Look at this amazing stage design from Anna Driftmier.
Your name will be on one of the books on stage!
But that is not all! You can also get 4 of our original songs from the show. These songs are nowhere else available!
And of course, we would love to meet you in person and thank you for your support. We will give you tickets to the show, a drink at the bar and the chance to meet our team! We can't wait to meet you!
- Book & Music: Liam O’Rafferty
- Direction: Tania Azevedo
- Musical Director & Arrangements: Daniel Jarvis
- Design: Anna Driftmier
- Choreography: Lindsay MacAllister
Produced: Denise Koch
Upstairs at the Gatehouse, London
Paper Hearts is excited to open its run at the award winning London musical theatre venue, Upstairs at the Gatehouse. The venue has produced and hosted several award winning shows, with hits such as Avenue Q, Anything Goes, The MGM Story and Legally Blonde.
“One of London’s most reliable fringe musical theatre venues” – Time Out
Performance Times: 2nd May 2017 until 20th of May 2017
First Stage Theatre, Hamburg
What will the funds be used for?
- £1500 - For flights for cast and crew - We want to spread our wings
- £4000 - For accommodation abroad - We want to create a home for our amazing team abroad
- £2000 - For marketing - We want to spread the word
- £1000 - For rehearsal space - We want to give you the best performance possible
- £1000 - For the set transportation - We want to make sure our amazing set arrives safely
- £500 - For Outreach program - We want to reach out to local schools and give them the opportuity to learn first hand about British Musical Theatre
Please help us make this journey possible!
Thank you for your support!
Your Paper Hearts Team