Who are we?
We are a friendly and welcoming cricket club based in Tile Hill, Coventry that caters for all ages and genders. Our club has been going for over 100 years based at our Tanners Lane ground in Coventry.
We currently operate three Saturday sides playing in the Warwickshire County Cricket League. Our 1st XI currently play in Division 1, our 2nd XI recently gained promotion to Division 5 East and our 3rd XI recently gained promotion to Division 9 East having won the league in the 2022 season.
We also operate teams in the Arden Sunday League in Division 1 and the Coventry and District Midweek League.
As well as this we also run an All Stars Cricket programme with the aim of getting young people of all ages genders into Cricket.
Why are we crowdfunding?
Our existing practice nets have served us well over a number of years however they are now worn out and damaged beyond repair.
Due to not being able to operate fully during the pandemic as well as the costs for our grounds maintenance rising dramatically over the past couple of years it is imperative that we fundraise in order to generate the funds needed to help our club not only survive but to thrive again.
How we’ll spend the money raised
The total cost of our project is £10,000 this will include:
- The breaking out and removal from site of two concrete bases. Excavate to extend each to 11.00 x 2.70m x 100mm deep and lift turf over a total area of approximately 19.00 x 6.50m.
- Supply and install two “Test Match” system batting ends surfaced with SVG, size 11.00 x 3.25m.
- Lay aggregate base to a depth of 50mm to surrounds and fit Verdegrass 14 to form an overall area of 19.00 x 6.50m
These works are essential to enable our players to train safely without fear of injury or loss of equipment.
Across the past year we have had just under 100 players represent across us across all of our teams of varying ages and ethnicities.
Due to our neighbouring Cricket Club in Tile Hill recently disbanding we are one of few remaining cricket clubs in Coventry who offer players the chance to play or train up to 4 nights a week across the summer.
Across the year we also hold various events at the ground for friends and families as we look to make Tanners Lane a real hub for the community and place for people to visit and be part of.
What difference will these new nets have?
As you can see from our photos above upgrading our outdoor nets will mean our players have a place to train outdoors in an environment that's not only safe but also enjoyable.
Last season due to our outdoor nets becoming unusable it meant we weren't able to have any meaningful training last summer which was to the detriment of all of our teams performance but perhaps more importantly was to the detriment to the community side of the club as we no longer had a place to go practice and have fun on a weeknight. Furthermore with our All Stars program for kids running again next year it'd be great if they could also benefit from using these facilities
It is hoped with these improvements to our outdoor nets we can go back to having big turnouts to our weekly training sessions for our senior sides and out Junior All Stars whilst also being an attractive place for other local representative sides to come and play or train as had happened in previous years.
How you can play your part
There are four simple ways to help us reach our target, and make this project a reality.
1. Make a pledge. Don’t delay if you’re going to support us because momentum is key to our success!
2. Spread the word. Share our project on your social media pages and tell the world to get behind us! The more people we reach, the more support we will get.
3. Offer rewards. Get involved if you are a local business by donating things we can offer to our supporters. We will give you a shout out!
4. Fundraise for us. If you want to run your own fundraiser – maybe a sponsored activity or similar – use the 'contact project' button at the top of our page to let us know. Setting up your own page only takes a few minutes and you won’t need any bank details. Just a fun idea!