Last year we launched the "Socially Distant Staycation Summer Club" - 6 weeks worth of fun, challenges, trails, videos and more for local children to Hatfield. This was a brand new format for our summer activities, and we had 50 children sign up to take part.
This year we are hoping to follow a similar format, but to have more days in which families can come along to the Church or our Barn Field and take part in activities in person.
WHAT IS INVOLVED?
This year we are launching the "Summer of Science Children's Club" and it will feature:
- a weekly video to watch at home, introducing that week's topic and with activities to join in with.
- a welcome pack containing a summer club T-shirt, weekly envelopes with experiments to open and do, challenges, activity books and more.
- a weekly zoom meeting to dig deeper into each topic live with our leaders.
- a weekly "Family Day" to take part in bigger experiments and activities together with our leaders
- the Sunday Shout Out at the end of each week to showcase what everyone has been up to and announce prize winners for each week
This year the summer club will last 5 weeks, starting on the 24th July and ending on the 30th August. We hope that this will help families to find fun activities to last them the whole of the holidays and not just one week. We will be exploring how science and faith link together, and giving children space to think about that for themselves.
HOW CAN I HELP?
Each child place will cost £10, and we are hoping that some people would sponsor places for those who can't afford that. We will also be including much more than £10 worth of items in the welcome packs, so donations will also go towards funding this.
We would also welcome volunteers to help out with preparing the packs and to be around on the "Family Days" over the 5 weeks. This might be supervising activities, serving drinks and refreshments, baking cakes and other treats. Get in touch with [email protected] to offer your time.