We hit our target - THANK YOU!
On Thursday, we hit our £700 target! We did not expect to be at this stage perhaps ever? But definitely not two weeks before the event. WE CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH.
The past couple of months have flown by, and we are just amazed at the support people within UEA, at the National Centre for Writing, and others from far and wide have shown for this project. All your good energy, your pennies, and your shout outs have been invaluable.
As our funding has increased, we've expanded our thinking... The UEA Publishing Project have supported us in setting up a sex-writing competition, the Show Me Yours Prize, for fiction, non-fiction, poetry, and image entries that engage with the subject of sex. We hope the panel discussions and workshops on 6 June will inspire all of you to create some new work and send it our way! With a grand prize of £300, I'm not sure what you're waiting for...
So for the final 2 weeks, we've given ourselves a new (ambitious) stretch target of £1400. The extra money will allow us to:
- Put together an expanded, premium edition of the I'll Show You Mine chapbook
- Expand the prize fund for the Show Me Yours Prize
- Provide gratis places for students/those in financial need
- Provide panelists and speakers with refreshments
- Provide attendees with refreshments
- Record and curate audio of the day to then make available on our website
- Pay contributors to the I'll Show You Mine chapbook
And perhaps most exciting, the additional funds might help turn I'll Show You Mine into a continuing enterprise as an online journal, with the potential for print, podcasts, prizes, events and more in the future... watch this space :)
Please help us spread the word today! There are still plenty of tickets left for the day itself, and we want to make the most of the time we have to invite new supporters, and introduce new people to I'll Show You Mine who might find value in joining the discussion.
Melissa and James
There are no comments on this update yet.