Every year, South Baddesley Primary School (SBS) and the Friends of South Baddesley raise funds to further enrich the learning environment for the students.
This year, the Creativity Campaign has a clear goal of helping the students in completing more complex sensory and literacy-based learning tasks, via improved facilities to encourage exploration and development in reading, cooking, playing, gardening and music. The new facilities supported by this campaign will build on the curriculum, helping to create a well-rounded experience for students, both inside and outside the classroom. Most importantly, the Creativity Campaign will help inspire the students to try new things and explore new concepts.
Covid 19 has rendered SBS’s fundraising activity to a halt in 2020. The school has outstanding facilities and this is largely due to the additional support from the Friends of South Baddesley and generous members of the community. By now, there would have been a plethora of activities that gather the community together to support the school. For some, now is not an ideal time to be supporting fundraising efforts, so we have started a Crowd Funding Campaign to provide a new avenue for giving.
This campaign will help support:
- Updated library facilities to ensure new quiet reading spaces, an updated system to ensure books are well tracked and readily available, as well as new books, perfect for those who need some additional help or to support the next Einstein.
- A new kitchen in the rainbow room, allowing for culinary skills to be explored, hands to get in the mix and the next potential top chef to get their grounding.
- An improved play space to encourage exploration and sensory skill development, encouraging the next generation of structural engineers to start their journey.
- A new musical instrument project, to ensure all students have access to a ‘tuned’ instrument as part of their music curriculum, to help the next budding classical star or Mick Jagger wannabe to find their beat.
- A garden revamp to help the children cultivate their own crops and fruits, learning about self-sustainability and how we are connected to the earth. This project will create a unique learning area, perfect for all children to find their inner Tom and Barbara.
Please help us support this amazing school and support our young students so they can have the best start on their educational journeys.