Who We Are
Every year United Through Sport delivers multi sports coaching to over 50,000 children worldwide. We are committed to using sport as a tool to develop disadvantaged and vulnerable young people around the world, many of whom are growing up in areas of severe deprivation and poverty. It is through our sports coaching and life skills interventions, that we are able to help to develop the physical and mental well-being of the children we work with, opening up pathways to a better education.
In 2019 our coaches from around the world delivered more than 10,000 days of sports coaching.
UK Registered Charity, No. 1102107.
All children have a right to the best possible health, to an education, and a right to play (UN Convention on the rights of a Child). The sad reality is, many don’t get to exercise these rights. Since its inception in 2004, United Through Sport has aimed to tackle this issue. We provide an opportunity to play sport safely through the provision of equipment and expert coaching.
We are committed to using sport as a tool to develop disadvantaged and vulnerable young people around the world by:
- Providing sports coaching – to improve the health, physical and mental well-being of young people as well as developing life skills such as teamwork, leadership, decision making and communication.
- Using sport as a vehicle to raise and discuss critical issues – We deliver curriculum on topics such as HIV/AIDS awareness in a sensitive yet engaging way on the sports field.
- Using sport as a route to a better education – by providing pathways to success for talented and dedicated individuals through scholarships to good local schools and tertiary education.
Why do we need your help now?
The Coronavirus pandemic has halted our ability to send talented young sports coaches and players to international destinations to volunteer in our partner communities. Following a huge repatriation project, we need your help so that the children and communities we work with do not feel abandoned and we are able to resume operations post pandemic. We have initiated the ‘Save United Through Sport’ project to achieve this.
We will use the funds raised to:
- Provide financial assistance for UTS project managers in Africa, South America, Asia and Caribbean so they are able to return to their vital work with us in the future.
- Provide remote online health and well being classes to local communities.
- Continue the distribution of UTS food parcels to the communities hardest hit by the pandemic.
- Support the ongoing operational costs of the facilities we use.
- Purchase sports equipment ready to resume sport coaching in schools and community centres.
- Safeguard the future of our charity, so we can continue our mission:
"Transforming Lives Through Sport"
Our volunteers in the field (Pre-Covid19)
Argentina Food Parcels
South Africa Food Parcels
Saint Lucia Community Donations (Pre-Covid19)