Exciting new Bakery, Coffee House, Pantry & Meeting Place for Rossett, Wrexham.
Humble & Whole Bakery is an exciting new social enterprise bakery, coffee house, pantry and meeting space set to open in the village of Rossett April 2024.
We've found the most incredible premises, and with future grant applications in the pipeline, we are excited to develop an amazing space for the community, and to help fund our social mission. We are completely 'floured' at the response we have had so far about our venture and cannot wait to share it with you all.
However, to get us off the ground and into service we need additional investment. The existing premises are unique to the village and will require extensive remodelling in order to offer a top notch bakery, coffee house and eatery experience. We want to make sure this is a sustainable business for the community in order to fund our social purpose.
The hospitality industry is changing and we want to take our business to new places, using our food voices to bring people together, support wellbeing, and enhance our local community. As a social business, 50% of the profits from trading will be used to fund our mission, with the other 50% invested straight back into the business to continue it's growth and sustainability.
The story around food, where it comes from, and how we nourish and support ourselves has changed dramatically since the introduction of conveinence food. We want to focus on putting food provenance, natural produce, and sustenance back at the heart of the community.
Humble & Whole seeks to address some of the issues regarding food poverty, personal isolation, and food waste by working with the community, including schools, to deliver a number of food wellness activities. These will be funded and supported through relevant grant applications, and through our profits as a social enterprise as an artisan bakery, coffee house, pantry and meeting place.
- To provide community events in partnership with local social groups.
- To provide paid apprenticeships and employment for local people.
- To provide wellbeing and educational workshops to local schools through Food programme.
- To offer a bread basket delivery services to those who are isolated within the local community.
- To bring people together to help tackle isolation and loneliness.
- To work with sustainable produce from local & Welsh suppliers.
- To ensure our practices are environmentally friendly and work towards a zero waste policy.
- Number of people engaged with workshops and community events.
- Number of apprentices graduated and jobs created.
- Number of school children engaged with our Food programme.
- Number of bread baskets delivered.
- Kilos of food diverted from food waste.
Why we are crowd funding
A decent loaf requires a lot of good quality equipment as well as the skilled hands that prepare it. We require the correct equipment to do this, as the existing kitchen at our premises does not meet these requirements. We are raising funds for:
- A bakery oven & proover, dough rollers and stand mixers - essential items
- To upgrade the electrical system in the building to ensure we can bake to maximum capacity and no-one misses out on a sourdough loaf
- For a decent coffee machine and grinder so that the good people of Rossett can enjoy a proper cup of daily Joe
- For a new gas burner and oven for our chef's table events and budding cookery school entrepreneurs
- For general building renovations to make everything safe & accessible (and also pretty)
- For front of house spaces to display our in house produced goods, and amazing produce from local suppliers
- To kick start our apprenticeship programme in style
What can you expect at Humble & Whole Bakery and Coffee House?
Step inside this inviting space and be greeted by the sight of artfully displayed pastries, breads, and cakes, each a testament to the artisanal touch that defines Humble & Whole. From buttery croissants to rich, velvety cakes, every treat is crafted with care, using only the finest locally sourced ingredients.
As the morning sun filters through the windows, the bakery comes alive with the clinking of cups and the hum of friendly conversation. With a steaming cup of freshly brewed coffee in hand, community members gather to savour the simple joy of a shared moment, perhaps accompanied by a warm, flaky buttermilk scone, or a slice of our signature sourdough bread.
Humble & Whole Bakery and Coffee House isn’t just a place to satisfy cravings, it’s a warm haven where locals and visitors alike can find a slice of comfort and a taste of something truly special. With it’s commitments to quality, sustainability, and provenance, and the pure delight of good food, this little gem is poised to become an integral part of Rossett’s vibrant tapestry. So come, be a part of this new chapter in the village’s story and savour the simple pleasures that make life truly delicious.
- Daily Breads made in house and fresh from the oven
- Steaming hot coffee from our friendly Welsh coffee roasters
- Delicious Cakes and Pastries a plenty
- Breakfast and brunch served daily and to take away
- Deli items and stuff for your pantry at home
- Homewares and gifts
- Chef's table events
- Venue Hire for your special occasions
- 'Masterchef' Cookery School
- Community events and workshops
- Live music (as often as possible)
- A beautiful outdoor space to relax whether you are a cyclist, dog walker, or just want to catch up with friends
- A place to get to know people and feel part of the community
- A great vibe
Bread takes time to rise, but we haven't got long to raise the much needed funds to make this project really work for the community. We have curated a number of fantastic rewards for your generosity but please don't delay, some of the items are exclusive, limited and won't hang around for long.
We can't wait to welcome you through the doors.
Thank you for your support in abundance.
Rebecca & team Humble & Whole