To develop the capacity and skills of the members of the socially disadvantaged community of Ramsey Parish, Cambridgeshire in such a way that they are able to identify and help meet their needs and to participate more fully in society.
Ramsey Neighbourhoods Trust (RNT) is a charity situated within the rurally isolated community of Ramsey in Cambridgeshire. Ramsey is a great little market town with an amazing community who work together to make our little part of Cambridgeshire a fantastic place to live. However, due to its location, 13miles from the nearest big towns, it has few public services and amenities. Transport connections are poor so local people, without their own means of transport, find it difficult to access work, hospitals, train stations and social activities such as going to the cinema or out for a meal with friends. So what RNT does is try to offer support locally. The charity trustees and staff are all local people, and we have around 60 volunteers, all working together to provide activities and services requested by residents. ALL RNT ACTIVITES ARE GRANT, FUNDRAISING OR DONATION FUNDED. RNT therefore needs your help to keep the following activities going.
- Toddler Time soft play for parents and children under 5yrs
- BOSH youth club and holiday playscheme for children aged 5-10yrs
- CRUNCH youth club for young people aged 11-16yrs
- Job Search which helps people prepare and look for work
- SPARKS social club for adults with additional needs
- Boxing Fitness for young people between 5 and 16yrs
- Craft Clubs
- Free Community Workshops
- The Dog's Meet Community Café which enables people to bring along their dogs and have a cuppa and a chat
- Walk & Talk, Sit & Natter for new parents
- Ramsey Community Market
- Large Community Events
- Individual Support to those in need
RNT is there for our community as we aim to create a place where no-one needs to be lonely or unable to receive the help and support they need.