Merry Christmas, Plymouth!
Phew, what a month!
My name is Martin Holland and I've been writing the last few updates. I'll introduce myself properly at some point but for now let me just say thank you for supporting this project. I really believe it's going to make a huge difference to Plymouth, and hopefully beyond.
The last couple of weeks have seen Antony preparing to leave as part of the Antarctic Quest 21 Expedition which will be conducting scientific research into climate change and microplastic pollution on the continent. Antony is the deputy leader and will be on that expedition until the 2nd February. In the meantime I will be the main point of contact for the Hub.
You can follow the expedition via the website, but if you are a teacher or parent you may be interested in joining the educational outreach component of the expedition being delivered - for free - through the safe online platform at www.liketobe.org
I mention this for three reasons:
1. This is a very cool expedition and the school outreach program is freely available
2. So that you know where Antony is (in case you were wondering!)
3. The Hub is intended to be - among other things - a link between the places and people on frontlines of the climate crisis, such as Antarctica, and the people and places at the heart of our own cities and communities.
So one of the things the Hub will be doing is exhibiting the findings of the Antarctic Quest 21 Expedition as way of engaging people with the global issues so that we can then start conversations about practical local actions.
Now, before I wish you a Merry Christmas, I have a small favour to ask:
This is a chance for you to tell us how we can make this project as effective as possible. We want the Hub to be rooted in the community so we really want to hear your ideas about:
- what it should be called
- who we should partner with
- who we might approach to join the management committee
- and anything else you can think of
Here is the link to the form once more: https://forms.office.com/r/a2tFtbuFPP
That's it for now!
Stay safe, have a fantastic Christmas, and join us in the New Year to make the Plymouth Climate Hub a fantastic reality!
Martin and the team
There are no comments on this update yet.