A story of loss, regret and estrangement, Nocturne is a fable for our times.
WHO WE ARE
Citadel Pictures and Sine Wave Media are the filmmakers behind the Wilfred Owen biopic The Burying Party, winner of 16 awards worldwide, including Best Feature Film at the Los Angeles Movie Awards and Best Feature Film at the New Renaissance Film Festival.
Our new project is in the contemporary world, exploring the complex relationship of Martin and Claire. After she is diagnosed with a terminal illness, Claire passes away at a very young age.
On organising her things, Martin finds that she was having an affair. With only the name of the man and the place they'd meet, he goes there in the hope that he might find him.
WHAT WE'VE GOT
This new project has been an emotional rollercoaster already. Our filming schedule was an absolute joy, filming in both Liverpool and London. We've managed to capture all of the footage and we can't wait to get into post-production.
There was a lot of research that went into production, making sure there was authenticity every step of the way.
The short trailer at the beginning of our Crowdfunder is a mock-grade, and as you might be able to hear, the sound is not yet edited.
In order to make this film come to life we have various obstacles we need to overcome. We are looking forward to this challenge, but we can't do it without your support! Funds from this campaign will go to:
- COLOUR GRADING - We will need to colour grade the picture from the raw files, to make it look as best as it can.
- SOUND EDITING/MIXING - A good film can't exist without good sound.
- SOUNDTRACK - We can't wait to show you what we have in store for the soundtrack, with Matt Dwivedi creating an incredible adaptation of Chopin's Nocturne.
- MARKETING COSTS - While submitting the film to festivals, we will need to spend money on advertising. That includes everything from Facebook ads to a press kit.
- FESTIVAL SUBMISSIONS - We will have to pay submission fees in order to have our film seen by the right people and screened. Not only that, but we need to be insured just in case
Our goal is to have this film shown at major festivals, and have it shown to as many people as possible. The cast and crew have collaborated on something really special, and we would love for it to find the right home.
Our team has worked tirelessly to bring the footage home. Now we want to breathe life into it, and we can't do it without your help! Please donate anything you can.
FOR YOU, DEAR DONOR
You are part of our team as soon as you join the campaign! We will be posting regular updates about post-production and all festival updates, as well as behind-the-scenes pictures from the set, on here and on social media – make sure to follow the project via the Instagram and Facebook accounts of Citadel Pictures!