Nelson's Distillery & School Covid-19 Relief Fund

by Nelson's Distillery & School in Grindley, England, United Kingdom

We did it
On 19th May 2020 we successfully raised £1,640 with 10 supporters in 56 days

When life gives you lemons, we have the gin! Help us keep distilling during these uncertain times so we can continue supporting our staff.

by Nelson's Distillery & School in Grindley, England, United Kingdom

The important bit..

In response to the government’s instruction to prevent social gatherings, the hospitality industry have been told to shut their doors. Unfortunately this does include our Gin & Vodka School. 

We have made the difficult decision to shut our schools completely for the next few months and will continue to review the situation as it evolves.  

This decision has meant the complete loss of work for most of our employees and the reduction in hours for others. Whilst the governments offer to pay 80% of employees’ wages is extremely generous we want to ensure that we can pay the remaining 20%. - We do not agree it is our staff that should take the hit.

How you can help!

We are actively encouraging our customers to continue shopping with us. We have a fantastic online shop where you can purchase all our premium spirits alongside merchandise and monetary vouchers.

In addition to this we are also offering an unmissable Gin & Vodka Experience Day promotion! Only available through our crowdfunding page.

Purchase a Single Still Voucher (worth £115) and have it automatically upgraded to a Shared Still Voucher (worth £155) free of charge. 

That means when it's safe to stop isolating you and the person you missed the most can celebrate in style!

All Gin School Vouchers are valid for 12 months from date of purchase and any purchase made now and from now on will adhere to this policy. However in light of information that suggests that we could be social distancing for a prolonged period, this 12 month expiration will be extended if necessary. (We hope it doesn’t get to that).  

The purchase of School Vouchers and Nelson’s Spirits creates that all important cash flow during these uncertain times. We appreciate your continued support and we look forward to celebrating with you in the future.

But who are we?

Nelson’s Distillery & School is a quaintly unique brand that perfectly marries its creator Neil Harrison’s impeccable taste and creativity – he was previously a very celebrated chef, with that of the rich history of gin. 

Neil combined his years of expertise and refined palate from the food industry to develop his renowned London Dry No.7. Not long after came it’s stronger sister - Navy Strength, playing homage to Lord Admiral Nelson.  

Branching out from its flagship London Dry. Nelson’s now offers over 10 flavour and seasonal variations, including its multi award winning Timur Gin. This alongside its recent expansion into the Rum & Vodka trade has seen the brand grow massively.

As a connoisseur of amazing gin, Neil started his own Gin and Vodka School. He wanted to share his knowledge and let others experience the joy of creating their own personal Gin whilst gaining an education in the history and the fine art of Gin-making.

Nelson’s Distillery & School lasts for 5 hours and includes an in depth introduction into the art and precision of distilling, all whilst learning of gins colourful history. Students immerse themselves in the 60+ botanicals available, picking and blending to create their own unique recipe before distilling, waxing and labelling their own 70cl craft gin creation. All ready to take home that very day. 

The school has won many tourism awards since its establishment; and by 2020, has already embarked on a global roll-out in major cities across the world. In February this year the Nelson’s Brand opened its second Gin & Vodka School at The Hilton, Manilla. With its sights set on 10 other school locations across the UK and the world, Nelson’s Distillery & School will be the name everybody knows.   


We ask project owners to honour their rewards wherever possible but please note that all pledges are donations and there is no guarantee that you will receive any rewards from the project owner. Please see Crowdfunder's Terms of Use for more information regarding rewards for pledges.


This project offers rewards in return for your donation. Please select a reward below.

£115 or more

12 of 200 claimed

Single Still Voucher Upgrade.

Purchase a Single Still Voucher (worth £115) and have it automatically upgraded to a Shared Still Voucher (worth £155) free of charge. Shared Voucher = 2 people sharing 1 still, making 1 70cl bottle.

Got an idea like this?

Over £200 million has been raised from our crowd to support the projects they love! Plus tens of millions more unlocked by our partners.