What is #NoBuildingAsUsual?
In order to halt global heating, we have to Stop Building As Usual
Our Mission is to celebrate and support diversity in the design profession. No Building As Usual offers the opportunity for hands on construction experience, teaching participants how to design and build in response to the climate emergency.
No Building As Usual is a cross-sector live-build summer school, teaching methods and practices that address diversity and climate.
No Building As Usual covers a real construction project called Nest House, on a real site, for a lovely couple who desperately need help.
What are we asking for from you?
- Please sponsor a student through the programme. £1,980exVAT (£2,370incVAT) will cover all the costs for one student for 10 weeks
- We also ask that one of your experienced team support your student beneficiary as a temporary mentor (target 4 no. 1-hour sessions)
And in exchange?
- You will play a part in levelling up the construction sector and giving an opportunity to someone underrepresented in our industry
- You will build your reputation as a forward-thinking organisation that supports meaningful social and environmental enterprises
- You will have the opportunity to collaborate with us and the wider No Building As Usual team through mentoring, networking, events, and talks
- You will be named as a key sponsor on our No Building As Usual webpage and on project marketing.
- We will issue a personal thank you message to your organisation through Instagram/Twitter accounts (over 18,000 followers across Studio Bark and U-Build)
More information can be found at www.studiobark.co.uk/nbau