No one in our community should have to face going hungry. That’s why we provide nutritionally balanced food and support to local people who are referred to us. We are part of a nationwide network of foodbanks, supported by The Trussell Trust, working to combat poverty and hunger across the UK.
Food poverty is impacting the Llanelli Foodbank in a number of ways:
1. We are sadly seeing increased demand in Llanelli and only expect this to get higher.
2. We are seeing a reduction in donations as peoples shopping habits are changing.
3. A number of our regular volunteers are from at risk groups so unable to work currently.
We need your urgent help to fund the purchase the food that is required to fill this gap.
How you can help
If you can donate food then please donate at one of these locations - https://llanelli.foodbank.org.uk/give-help/donate-food/
If you cannot get to these locations then please give to this Crowdfunder project that will allow us to purchase the food we need.
Thanks so much for all your support at this time of need.
More about Llanelli Foodbank
Over 90% of the food distributed by foodbanks in The Trussell Trust network is donated by the public – that’s why your food donations are absolutely vital to our ability to give everyone referred to us a balanced and nutritious three day supply of food.
If you are happy to drop off food donations, these are our food collection point locations:
- Tesco Extra, Parc Trostre
- Llanelli Foodbank Warehouse, Myrtle House, 22 Myrtle Terrace
- Myrtle House, Elim Pentecostal Church
We always welcome donations and promise to use them to provide help to people in crisis. Occasionally we send food to other nearby foodbanks to support their work particularly if they experience shortages. This ensures your donations go to help people wherever in the UK they are.