In response to the Government’s guidance on the Coronavirus pandemic, LEAP has today, 18 March, started a new personal shopper service for some of the most vulnerable people in South Lanarkshire.
Our volunteers will be delivering essential shopping, power card and mobile top ups and prescriptions for FREE to residents in most areas of South Lanarkshire who are self-isolating and are:
- Aged 50-70 with underlying health conditions;
- Aged 70 plus with or without underlying health conditions; AND
- Do not have support from friends or family at this time
This service will be available in 18 communities across South Lanarkshire.
By using LEAP’s service customers can be sure of their safety. We will do this by:
- Using our 27 years of experience of working with older adults;
- FREE delivery to eligible customers;
- All staff and volunteers are Disclosure Scotland checked;
- All staff and volunteers will use precautions to ensure we do not pass on infection; and
- Payment of your goods will be on delivery of service, with no up-front charges.
LEAP is not funded to do this, nor will it make any profit – the service is free. But our volunteers who will do the shopping for vulnerable people will be paid expenses.
We need your help to keep this vital service going. Please give whatever you can to help us reach – or even pass – our target of £10,000 to help us pay of volunteers’ expenses and help with our running costs.
No matter the size of your donation - as one supermarket might say - every little will help.