All you need to do to have a chance of winning these four rare Signed and dedicated HIM 'And Love Said No' test pressing vinyls is to donate £30 to The Crobar Crowdfunder, and your name will be added to the prize draw.
As part of the release of a Him ‘Best of’, called ‘And Love Said No’ in 2004, BMG records (RCA/Arista) released a 1500 unit limited edition 4 LP box set, under the same title, which included all the HIM albums to that date.
This vinyl box was a UK only release, including ‘Greatest Lovesongs Vol 666’, ‘Razorblade Romance’, ‘Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights’ and ‘Love Metal’. Prior to its release, these 4 studio albums hadn’t been available on vinyl in the UK.
It came in a cigarette style box and sold out upon release. The four white label test pressings are unique and were commissioned by the record company BMG for the approval of this vinyl box set. ‘And Love Said No’ went gold and spawned the band’s highest ever UK single ‘Solitary Man,’ which reached No. 9 in May 2004.
Also included is the 10” test pressing of the single ‘the Sacrament’, which reached 23 in the charts in 2003. There is also a 12” test pressing of ‘Wicked Game,’ probably originating from around 1999/2000.
Our thanks to Dave G. at BMG/Sony Music for donating these, and to Ville Valo for giving us permission to raffle them and offering to sign them with a dedication to the winner.
All you need to do to have a chance of winning these rare HIM vinyls is donate £30 to The Crobar Crowdfunder, and your name will be added to the prize draw.
This competition closes on the 13th May 2021.
Terms & Conditions
1. This prize draw is organised by The Crobar, 96 Stanmore Lane, Winchester, SO22 4BT. Crowdfunder Limited of C-Space, 5-7 The Crescent, Newquay TR7 1DT is a partner whose platform is used to raise funds and accept entries into the prize draw on behalf of the promoters.
How to enter
2. Entries received after the stated closing date of Midnight, 13th May 2021 will not be included.
3. Our prize draws and competitions are free to enter and no purchase is necessary. Postal entries must be received by close of competition, with your name, contact details and a reference to '……..’, 96 Stanmore Lane, Winchester, SO22 4BT.
4. The Crobar will not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
5. By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions, please contact The Crobar at [email protected]
6. The Crobar reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
7. Unless otherwise stated, our prize draws and competitions are open to all except employees of The Crobar, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
8. Entrants under 18 must get consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before entering. The parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of entrants under 18 agree to these Terms and Conditions on behalf of the entrant.
9. A person may enter as many times as they wish.
10.This prize draw is only open to residents of the UK (England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland).
11. In entering, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The Crobar may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the prize draw or competition.
12. The Crobar reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize draw or competition.
13. A winner will be chosen by random draw, performed by a computer process within 7 days of the prize draw or competition ending.
14. The winner will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) within 7 days of being chosen and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to The Crobar within three days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and The Crobar will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
15. The prize will be sent to the winner within 7 days of responding to The Crobar.
16. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. The Crobar reserve the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond The Crobar’s control makes it necessary to do so.
17. The decision of The Crobar regarding any aspect of the prize draw or competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
18. The winner’s name and county can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to The Crobar, 96 Stanmore Lane, Winchester, SO22 4BT, or email [email protected] within seven days after the date of the closing date of the prize draw or competition.
19. The Crobar reserve the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
Limitation of liability
20. Insofar as is permitted by law, The Crobar, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of The Crobar, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Data protection and publicity
21. The Crobar is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and will not use your personal information in any way other than for the purposes of this competition.
22. By entering, you agree that any personal information provided by you with your entry may be held and used by The Crobar or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition.
23. All our prize draws and competitions will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
24. The Crobar reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on the website.