Through the Everyone Connected programme, Good Things Foundation is asking for contributions to help buy tablets and laptops, as well as connectivity in the form of SIMs, dongles and mobile hot spots for households who don’t have access to the internet and are digitally excluded as we continue to face a socially distanced world gripped by COVID-19.
So far the appeal has raised vital funds that have been used to provide devices and digital skills training to disadvantaged households around the UK. These new devices have given people peace of mind during very difficult times by connecting them with their family and friends, as well allowing them to access up-to-date health advice and essential services online.
Over the last year the pandemic has exposed and exacerbated digital exclusion across the UK. Digital inclusion is no longer a nice-to-have, but a need-to-have and people still urgently need access (devices and connectivity), digital skills and support. Therefore we have extended our appeals target to £100,000.
Why is this important?
How can I help?
We appreciate donations of any size, some examples of how your donation can help are:
- A donation of £200 can purchase a device for a household and ensure that household gets digital skills training and support from their local community organisation to access and use their device
- A donation of £100 can purchase a device for a household
- A donation of £20 can give a household access to the internet for one month
How does it work?
We purchase the devices in bulk on a national level. The devices will be distributed through a network of community partners who specialise in supporting digitally excluded people in our society. These community partners will provide digital skills support and training to the households that receive the devices. By partnering with trusted community organisations, we can work right at the centre of communities to provide remote support to those who would benefit the most.
How your money is spent
100% of your donation will help those most in need; supported by a network of community organisations.
- 50% of your donation will buy tablets, smartphones and laptops, as well as connectivity in the form of sims, dongles and mobile hotspots.
- 50% of your donation will go to local community organisations to provide remote support on how to use the devices.
If you are a registered UK tax-payer please click ‘gift-aid’ on the page so that we can claim an additional 25% to add to your donation to support more people.