Dressing Room 2 is one of three dressing rooms at the Hall, and is regularly used by visiting companies and the local Starlight Players. We first discovered dry rot in a cupboard, and we have since found that it has spread along the walls and through the brick work. Please help our Charity fund the necessary repairs to our grade 2 listed building and give what you can, so we can maintain our facilities for the good of the community (we appreciate that there is a cost of living crisis).
The Hall is 100 years old - help us keep it open for the next 100 years.
As of 21/07/23, are waiting for a specialist survey of the damage, and do not know how much this project might cost us, but it will be extensive.
How we will spend the money raised
The funds will be spent entirely on repairs and redecoration of the Dressing Room and surrounding areas including:
- specialist survey and investigation work;
- building work to remove damaged plaster etc;
- treatment of affected timber and brickwork;
- any necessary repairs to doors and window frames;
- re-plastering and repairs;
- re-placement of contaminated and damaged electrical supplies and lighting;
- re-decorating and fitting out the dressing room and any other affected areas.
N.B. We also had an outbreak of dry rot in 2021 in the main auditorium; the current problems are unrelated. We also have records of a previous outbreak in the 1980s, under the balcony.
1) First signs of dry rot
2) Rot behind the cupboard and under the carpet
3) Damaged speaker
4) Walls stripped - the tendrils go part way along and up this wall. The wall below the window also has dry rot along it, behind the plasterboard.
NB - Welsh translation to follow.