Who is Dogs Grandad Brewery?
My name is Alex and I have been brewing for just over 3 years now - on my home set up, volunteering at breweries over London and doing a few courses to fine tune. Dogs Grandad was born when I decided to turn my passion into a profession - and I cant wait to get started.
This is me and Solo, my chief adviser and brewery mascot. You might recognise him from the logo
What are our plans?
We intended to open our taproom in April 2020 in Brixton - but owing to the coronavirus pandemic (and huge planning delays from the council) we will be amending that plan and until we can open fully, we will be delivering our beers right to your door - I will be a 1 man band so brewing, barman (when we open after lockdown!) sales and drayman!
Delivery within a 3 mile radius will be by myself and within the UK it will be by courier
All going well we should now open the doors to the taproom in January 2021. I know, I know this is literally the worst time of year for pubs. With the virus and the lockdowns we are really going to need your help more than ever.
My vision is to bring you hop forward beers in my favourite styles which include; a Pale Ale, IPA, Session IPA, and a Table Beer.
All the beers will be generously dry hopped with a different combo of my favourite hops. I will be using a reverse osmosis system to strip back the hard London water and go for a soft and smooth mouthfeel.
Here are the designs of the cans:
Here is a glass of our smooth and hoppy IPA moddled by our mascot Solo
How you can support Dogs Grandad Brewery?
As we all know, this is a very trying time for everyone in the UK (and world!) and small businesses have been hit hard.
As the coronavirus has shut all pubs and taprooms I have had to rethink our whole strategy. Rather than kegging all of our beer and selling to you from our taproom, we are now having to switch to canning a lot of our beer which will be sold online - delivered to you at home and available in London and Brighton (Brighton is like my 2nd home) bottle shops.
Since we had to switch the operation to focus more on canning (those machines are a tiny bit expensive) to cope with the change in how people enjoy beer, my reserves have been decimated. All the money for fitting out the arch has had to go on a canning machine.
So this is why we need your help to now fit out the taproom.
We'll need an entirely new shop front built, a new toilet built, steel kegs, beer taps, tables and last but not least an arcade machine.
We have some really great rewards for your pledges, these are what we have on offer:
- Beer tabs and web shop vouchers - we are still keeping our bar tabs on the reward page as they can still be redeemed when it is safe again for pubs to be open and we will throw a massive party - something to look forward to! Your pledge will also be redeemable on the online web shop to get our cans shipped to you if you are too far away from London. You will be supplied with a code for this
- Dogs Grandad t-shirts - to look great for your Friday night beer/zoom session
- A4 prints of the logo - the incredible looking, hand drawn version of our iconic logo. With Solo our mascot taking centre stage
- Stickers - to cover your laptops and guitars.
- Gaming nights - book the taproom exclusively for you and your friends to have the arcade machine on free play all night with a bar tab as well. Gamers paradise
Thank you for taking the time to look at our fundraiser and we hope you can support our venture - for any more info on the crowdfunder or Dogs Grandad Brewery please do give us a shout on: [email protected]