We need real scrutiny of Brexit - before it's too late.
As the deadline for EU and EEA citizens to apply for settled status passes on 30th June, it has never been more urgent to hold this government to account for its hard Brexit project.
With over 400,000 applications outstanding and 10,000+ new applications each day, it is clear that thousands will not have applied by the deadline.
And EU and EEA citizens who have not applied in time could lose the right to work, to rent, to access NHS care, and even live in the UK.
This could be catastrophic – and we have sprung into action.
Nearly 5,000 supporters wrote to Home Secretary Priti Patel as the deadline loomed, demanding that she extend the deadline and pause immigration enforcement immediately. You can write to her here.
On 30th June itself, we took our demands and message of solidarity with migrant communities to the centre of power, driving our ad van to the Home Office, through Westminster and beyond.
We will keep fighting, working together and mobilising hundreds and thousands of activists to raise awareness and force the government to act. But we can only do it because people like you chip in to make it happen.
Please donate to demand real Brexit scrutiny!
The impact in just the first 3 months has been shocking...
For months, the consequences of this Brexit deal have hit our people, our communities, and our economy hard. In the first 100 days of Brexit:
- Exports to the EU collapsed by more than 40% in January alone.
- Farmers, fisheries and small businesses are being driven to the wall
- Thousands of musicians, creatives, and other professionals lost their livelihoods due to ending freedom of movement
We desperately need scrutiny for the impacts of this Brexit deal.
Here’s how we do it...
The European Movement will ensure real accountability for the devastating impacts of this Brexit deal.
Thanks to your donations we just published our impactful report, Stories of Brexit, drawing on first-hand experience of the harms of the Brexit deal and expert knowledge to present ten clear improvements MPs could make, right now.
Already, we are hiring two new professional campaigners to ramp up our grassroots campaigning and increase our influence at Westminster.
But there is so much more we can do. With your incredible support, we will:
- Launch hard-hitting campaigns forcing MPs and decision-makers to confront this hard Brexit nightmare head on
- Invest in a cutting-edge digital tool enabling activists to produce targeted, high-impact local campaigns to pile pressure onto their MPs
- Invest tens of thousands of pounds in targeted digital advertising, transforming our reach to compete with a powerful media machine
- Work closely with experts on the frontline to identify further policy changes that will improve this failing Brexit deal
- Create a network of high-profile MPs, peers, and leading industry voices to increase our ability to scrutinise this disastrous Brexit deal
Last year, we held the government to account in demanding that they avoid a devastating no deal Brexit.
Now we are bringing the full story of Brexit straight to MPs’ desks. We will make it clear that urgent action is needed to improve on this deal and make the reality of Brexit easier for millions affected.
But we need your help.
We need to throw everything we have got at holding this government to account.
We are 100% grassroots funded. But we’re fighting a powerful media machine, and we will only win if we have your support.
With your help, we can expose the true impact of this Brexit. Are you with us?
Please give what you can and together we will fight for the scrutiny that our country needs.