If we reach our first target it will be used to complete the outdoor gym with six more stations required . Any extra money raised will be excellent and will help to start drawing down additional local and national funding to complete the Multi Use Games Area and running/cycle track.
Cockermouth Rugby Football Union Club are a community club - providing an opportunity for adults and juniors to play rugby, train and be part of our rugby family from our home - Grasmoor Sports Complex
Our facilities are also valued by a range of wider community organisations providing further opportunity for adults and juniors physical well being. These include archery, slimming world, specialist personal trainers and Chance Camp which ensures young people aged 4 to 14 are physically active during school holidays.
With the Western Lake District fells in the background, and along the greenway from Cockermouth our club has the potential to grow as a hub with a diverse offering of ways for the community to get active.
- Mental health pressures are more significant.
- Worry and anxiety around getting active has increased.
- The burden of care has increased.
- Disproportionate affects on finances.
- Lower levels of enjoyment and motivation.
- Rugby and other activities usually at our club have been disrupted.
- Loss of annual membership fees for 2020 ,
- Loss of players and social members to Cockermouth RUFC ,
- Lack of guided training will have a negative effect on playing ability
- Unable to attract the usual new playing members to all age groups
- Loss of revenue from match days, sponsorship, private functions etc
- Unable to run club weekly lottery
- User groups under financial threat
- User groups losing participants and club volunteers
These are unprecedented times but together, we are stronger. Let's be part of the community response for our community.
We can't fundraise in the way we usually would - as getting people together is not possible yet. But we would like to increase our offer of facilities and support for when it is safe for the community to return to being active.
- Complete our outdoor gym
- Encourage growth of community use of our facilities
- Start our fund towards accessible perimeter track and Multi Use Games Area Surface
- Ensure the long term future of Grasmoor Sport Complex by ensuring its an attractive & inspiring outdoors sports and physical activity venue.
- ATTRACT people back to Grasmoor Sports Complex.
- The rugby club and other local clubs to enhance training opportunities and ensure players can reach their full potential.
- General public to have accessible free outdoor spaces to exercise.
- Support small local sports & physical activity businesses to be more sustainable.
- Increase our offer of usage to local schools and nurseries.
- Ensure the long term future of the site.
Junior player Fraser Murray and Club Captain Sam Wilson give their views.
Local Resident - "Great idea - hope this gets me an hour or two on the revamped tennis courts soon! Wishing you all the best!" Dan Rutter
Ex - Player - "The work that the CRUFC facility team are doing is fantastic for Cockermouth and the local community, particularly in these difficult times ... keep up the good work ". S. Park
Parent - "Would love to see the courts particularly developed into a Multi Use Games Area, they are such an eyesore! It would make a big difference! " Sally
Donate? Tell others? Get involved - help support the community to get more active by bringing your ideas and community connections?
We would like to thank you for any support you can offer. Select one of the fabulous rewards we as a community sports venue and some of our supporters have offered!