“I’m mesmerised. What a wonderful project. I wasn’t sure what to expect but the journey into/through movement and connection was powerful and moving (both emotionally and physically). I want to know more and feel very lucky to have come into contact with this work!” Rohan Ayinde after seeing The Body’s Voice (July 2023)
Body Talks Movement C.I.C. runs an international children's dance film workshop programme, whilst creating films and art installations for the wider public. BTM gives voice to ‘the unheard’ and harnesses the healing potential of movement and other expressive art forms. We serve primarily marginalised, underserved children and their communities (caregivers, families, friends, teachers) and anyone who needs to regain or build their confidence and connect through expressive mediums of movement, music and film.
What have we been up to?
In June 2022 Body Talks Movement CIC was incorporated and shortly after we were awarded an Arts Council England grant to launch our pilot project. This year we have delivered this pilot working with artist's, psychologists, academics, musicians, schools and families to develop our draft curriculum and to present our public facing audio-visual installation 'The Body's Voice'.
Why are we making a film?
With your donations, we plan to produce a captivating promotional film (5 -10 minutes). This film will vividly illustrate the essence of our project, showcasing its significance, methodology, and the current urgency. Through visually compelling content, we will feature excerpts of children participating in dance activities, accompanied by insights from the Body Talks Movement team. Our team members will elaborate on the research, intentions, and philosophy underpinning the project, offering a comprehensive view of our mission. The finalised film will be strategically distributed to potential partners, funders, and participants, serving as a powerful tool to communicate our vision and garner support.
Who is the team?
Find out here.
How will the funds be spent?
- Pre-Production Costs: - Covering expenses related to planning and preparation.
- Small Film Crew: Hiring essential personnel including a Camera Operator, Producer/Director, and Sound Recordist.
- Equipment Hire: Allocating funds for the rental of necessary filming equipment.
- Editor: Engaging a professional editor to craft and refine the visual content.
- Sound Designer/Editor: Ensuring quality audio production through the services of a sound designer/editor.
- Colour Grade: Investing in colour grading to enhance the visual appeal of the film.
- Distribution of the Film: Covering costs associated with distributing the final product to the intended audience.