The enact community have been running since 2003, striving to help people of all ages and situations to be part of a community on Enfield Island Village.
Due to COVID-19 enact has been unable to run any face to face projects since late March 2020. We have engaged with the those who are able to via social media but know that families, children and young people are going through an incredibly difficult time. Our aims for this summer include:
- Providing over 50 food parcels a week
- Providing essential toiletries (1 per family)
- Providing crucial age appropriate activity packs for help support the promotion of personal and social development. Including a key focus on activities to support mental health and wellbeing.
Our aim is to raise £5,000, £3000 will go on food, £1000 on toiletries and £1000 on the activity packs.
- Each food parcel will contain £15 worth of food- 200 meals in total
- Each Toiletries packs will contain £15 worth of products- 65 packs in total
- Activity packs will range between £10-£30 depending on the age of the child. we will have 2 types of activity packs for ages 5-13 and 14-19.
It has been challenging for enact to maintain our engagement, we usually see over 100 young people a week! We want to continue to show our support through this time and develop this new initiative at enact to deliver crucial and meaningful work within the community.
Testimonials during Covid-19 from the enact community:
Volunteer: 'I was a volunteer back in my country and since moving to England i didn't have the opportunity. But enact gave me the opportunity to volunteer and to have a chance to get personal and professional experience. enact gives me the chance to see my strength and they give me opportunities to improve myself. I am so grateful to enact'.
Volunteer: 'enact is showing values to every human and I love to be part of this lovely neighbourhood community. The team are very supportive and always reach out with nice gestures of humaness'.
Young person: 'Thank you enact for inspiration online, I really needed it as I am going through a hard time'.
Parent: 'really appreciate what you are doing for families and the community during corona virus'.